Teachers Mutual Bank Solutions Plus Home Loan
With a low rate and money-saving features, the Teachers Mutual Bank Solutions Plus Home Loan is a viable option.
Marc Terrano is a lead publisher and growth marketer at Finder. He has previously worked at Finder as a publisher for frequent flyer points and home loans, and as a writer, podcast host and content marketer. Marc has a Bachelor of Communications (Journalism) from the University of Technology Sydney. He’s passionate about creating honest and simple reviews and comparisons to help everyone get value for money.
Although it comes with a split loan option, remember that you’ll only receive a discounted rate on the variable portion of your loan.
About this loan
What are the features and benefits of the Teachers Mutual Bank Solutions Plus Home Loan
- Loan amount. This product is suitable for loan amounts of $150,000 and greater.
- Maximum LVR. With the Teachers Mutual Bank Solutions Plus Home Loan, you can borrow up to 95% LVR (including lenders mortgage insurance and/or mortgage repayment insurance).
- Redraw facility. A fee-free redraw facility allows you to access additional repayments you've made towards your loan.
- Offset account. This loan comes with a 100% offset account, which allows you to minimise interest and pay down the loan sooner.
- Loan split. With this product, you have the choice of splitting your loan with a fixed home loan, which allows you to fix part of your repayments. Keep in mind that the discounted rate only applies to the variable portion of your loan.
- Repayment pause. If you experience a change in your situation or financial hardship, a repayment pause option can give you time to get your finances in order without having to worry about your mortgage commitments.
- Repayment type. With the Teachers Mutual Bank Solutions Plus Home Loan, you can make principal and interest repayments or interest-only repayments.
- Accessibility. You can access your mortgage account 24/7 via internet, mobile and phone banking, which is useful when you're on the go.
What fees and charges come with this loan?
- Rewards package fee. $300 per year. There is $0 rewards package fee is charged annually to your account.
- Establishment fee. $600. This fee is charged for the setup of your home loan.
- Loan top-up. There is $300 fee if you want to apply for a loan increase.
- Valuation and administration fee. $250. This fee may be charged for any additional valuation or administration required for your loan.
How to apply
If you'd like to enquire about the Teachers Mutual Bank Solutions Plus Home Loan, click on the "Go to site" link to be redirected to the Teachers Mutual Bank website. Here, you can enquire with a Teachers Mutual Bank representative to discuss your eligibility for this product.
During the application, you'll need to provide the following:
- Personal details. Provide your name, date of birth and current residential address.
- Loan purpose. You'll need to confirm the loan amount and the purpose of the loan.
- Income. Teachers Mutual Bank will need information about your employment and income status to determine your capacity to repay the loan.
- Expenses. You'll need to provide information on your living expenses and any debt that you may have such as personal loans or credit cards.
- Property details. Teachers Mutual Bank will need details about the residential property you want to buy.
The Teachers Mutual Bank Solutions Plus Home Loan offers a discounted rate for the life of the loan and is suitable for loan amounts of $150,000 or more. This product offers a 100% offset account, a free redraw facility and a split loan option that can help you structure your loan to suit your needs.
Before you apply for this loan, compare several home loans available on the market to ensure it's a suitable product for you.
Home Loan OffersImportant Information*
Up to $3,000 refinance cashback. A flexible and competitive variable rate loan. Eligible borrowers refinancing $250,000 or more can get $2,000 cashback per property plus a bonus $1,000 for their first application. Other conditions apply.
Up to $4,000 refinance cashback With this competitive variable rate loan from St.George, refinancers borrowing $250,000+ can get up to $4,000 cashback and borrow up to 80% of the property's value (terms, conditions & exclusions apply).
A competitive variable rate mortgage for owner occupiers $0 application and $0 ongoing fees. This interest rate falls over time as you pay off the loan.