Teachers Mutual Bank Interest Only Home Loan Review
With a low variable rate and attractive features, the Teachers Mutual Bank Interest-Only Home Loan is worth considering.
Featuring a 100% offset account, a free redraw facility and a split loan option, this loan comes with useful features that can help you pay down your debt sooner.
Marc Terrano is a lead publisher and growth marketer at Finder. He has previously worked at Finder as a publisher for frequent flyer points and home loans, and as a writer, podcast host and content marketer. Marc has a Bachelor of Communications (Journalism) from the University of Technology Sydney. He’s passionate about creating honest and simple reviews and comparisons to help everyone get value for money.
The Teachers Mutual Bank Interest-Only Home Loan comes with no monthly fees, a repayment pause option and a portability feature. You can also choose either a fixed or variable interest rate.
You can also use this loan to build a home or if you are an investor however for investors the maximum loan-to-value ratio is 70%.
About this loan
What are the features and benefits of the Teachers Mutual Bank Interest-Only Home Loan?
- Loan amount. This product is suitable for loan amounts of $25,000 or more, making it suit a wide variety of smaller property purchases.
- Loan purpose. The Teachers Mutual Bank Interest-Only Home Loan can be used for an owner-occupied purchase, vacant land or renovations.
- Maximum LVR. You can borrow up to 95% LVR with LMI and/or mortgage repayment insurance, or 80% LVR without.
- Redraw facility. A fee-free redraw facility allows you to access additional repayments you've made towards your loan.
- Offset account. The Teachers Mutual Bank Interest-Only Home Loan comes with a 100% offset account, which allows you to minimise interest costs over the life of the loan.
- Loan split. With this loan, you have the choice of splitting your loan, which allows you to fix part of your repayments.
- Repayment pause. If you experience a change in your situation or financial hardship, the repayment pause feature can give you time to get your finances in order without having to worry about periodic repayments.
- Repayment type. With the Teachers Mutual Bank Interest-Only Home Loan, you can make interest-only repayments.
- Portability. The portability feature allows you to take your home loan with you in the event that you move houses.
- Accessibility. You can access your mortgage account 24/7 via internet, mobile and phone banking, which is handy when you're on the move.
What fees and charges come with this loan?
- No monthly fees. $0. With the Teachers Mutual Bank Interest-Only Home Loan, you won't have to worry about ongoing monthly fees, so you can focus on meeting your repayments.
- Rewards package fee. $0. There is no rewards package fee for this product.
- Establishment fee. $600. You'll need to pay the $600 establishment fee when you set up your loan.
- Settlement attendance fee. $0. Teachers Mutual Bank charges a settlement attendance fee for this loan.
- Valuation and administration fee. $250. This fee applies if you need any additional valuation or administration to set up your loan.
- Top-up fee. $300. You'll need to pay a top-up fee if you'd like to apply for a loan increase.
How to apply
If you'd like to find out more about the Teachers Mutual Bank Interest-Only Home Loan, click on the "Go to site" link to be redirected to the Teachers Mutual Bank website. Here, you can enquire with a Teachers Mutual Bank representative to discuss your eligibility.
You'll need to offer the following information:
- Personal details. Provide your name, date of birth and current residential address.
- Loan purpose. You'll need to confirm the loan amount and the purpose of the loan.
- Income. Teachers Mutual Bank will need information about your employment and income sources to determine your ability to service the loan.
- Expenses. You'll need to provide information on your living expenses and any debt or liabilities that you may have such as personal loans or credit cards.
- Property details. Teachers Mutual Bank will need details about the residential property you want to buy.
The Teachers Mutual Bank Interest-Only Home Loan offers a low interest rate of 4.52% p.a. combined with useful features such as a 100% offset account, a portability feature and a split loan option. This home loan is suited to an owner-occupied purchase, vacant land and renovations.
Before you apply for this home loan, compare different home loans on the market to ensure that it satisfies your borrowing needs.