Avoid ongoing fees with a cost-effective home loan
If you want to avoid fees but don't want to compromise on features, then you may want to add the State Custodians Breathe Easy Offset home loan to your comparison. With a 100% offset account and competitive interest rate, you could own your home sooner.
|Product Name||State Custodians Breathe Easy Spring Special|
|Interest Rate Type||Variable|
|Comp Rate^ (p.a.)|
|Minimum Loan Amount||$100,000|
|Maximum Loan Amount||$1,500,000|
|Minimum Loan Term||1 year|
|Maximum Loan Term||30 years|
|Maximum Insured LVR||95%|
|Mortgage Offset Account||Yes|
|Mortgage 100% Offset||Yes|
|Loan Redraw Facility||Yes|
|Split Loan Facility||Yes|
|Fixed Interest Option||Yes|
|Suitable for Investment||Yes|
|Available as equity loan/line of credit||Yes|
|Repayment Type||Principal & Interest and Interest Only Options|
|Lender's Legal Fee||$0|
|Ongoing Fees||$0 p.a.|
- There is a $0 application fee.
- There is a $0 service fee.
- It features 100% offset account and multiple splits facilities.
- There is a $286 valuation fee that applies.
- When you pay off your loan, there is a $300 fee that applies.
Consider these points before applying for this loan
The State Custodians Breathe Easy Spring Special Home Loan is available for both owner occupiers and investment, but not available as a construction option. Pre-approval is available in two minutes after submitting an application, and isn't recorded on your credit file.
Pay your home loan off sooner with these benefits
- Loan term. The maximum term for this loan is 30 years.
- Loan size. This loan has a minimum borrowing amount of $100,000 up to a maximum of $1,500,000 with a maximum exposure of $2.5 million assessed on a case by case basis. This means you can purchase a range of properties with this loan depending on how much you wish to spend.
- Loan amount. You can borrow up to 95% of the value of the property including lenders mortgage insurance (LMI), which can be capitalised on the principal amount; however, this is at a higher interest rate. For refinancing and debt consolidation, the maximum LVR is 90%. This means you can purchase a property with as little as 5% deposit. If you don't want to pay LMI or want a more lower interest rate opt for a maximum LVR of 80%.
- 100% offset account. Save money on interest payments by depositing funds in your offset account. Funds in this account will substitute for a portion of your principal, so if you have an account with $40,000 on a loan of $450,000, you'll only pay interest on $410,000. The account comes with a linked debit MasterCard you can access fee-free at Westpac group ATMs.
- Flexible repayments and repayment options. Principal and interest payments are available, as well as interest-only for up to 10 years. Interest-only payments can help you realise tax benefits when combined with a 100% offset account, and can be particularly useful to property investors. You can also choose to make repayments weekly, fortnightly or monthly, depending on your pay cycle.
- Split facility. Split your loan up to six times for free. This will see your loan split into both fixed and variable portions, so you can enjoy some of the benefits of both. You can also use a portion as a line of credit facility at no extra cost.
- Portability. Your State Custodians loan is portable. If you need to move houses, you can move the loan to the new place provided you meet the conditions. This helps you avoid exit fees when leaving your loan, and upfront fees when taking out a new one.
- Get access to any extra repayments you've made. You can make extra repayments on this home loan whenever you want, and if for any reason you need to access them again, you can through the online redraw facility at a minimum amount of $100.
- Fixed rate option. You can switch to a fixed rate at no extra cost, allowing you to take advantage of particularly low rates in the market.
- Portability fee, $499. Should you decide to move properties and keep your loan with you, this fee will be charged.
- Application fee, $0. This fee is typically charged to cover the cost of setting up the paperwork and your account.
- Ongoing fees, $0. This fee is usually charged on a monthly or annual basis and covers the cost of maintaining your account, although it's not charged on this loan.
- Property valuation, $286. This covers the cost of sending an valuer to the security property to determine its value.
- Title discharge fee is $300. This is payable when you've paid off the loan and State Custodians transfers the land title back to you.
- Stamp duty, legal fees, registration, title insurance, $Varies. This includes the cost of using a third party conveyancing service, other government charges for processing the paperwork and stamp duty costs. Check with your local Office of State Revenue to see if you're eligible for any concessions.
Find out what your repayments will be in a few seconds
Apply or find out more information about the Breathe Easy Home Loan
If you would like to apply or find out more information about this loan, please click on 'Go to site' to be taken to the State Custodians website. You can get pre-approval within two minutes.
- You must be at least 18 years of age
- Both Australian residents and non-residents are eligible
- You have a good credit file, though if you have a few defaults a State Custodians specialist can still offer alternative products
- If you're casually employed, you have been with the same employer for a period of at least 12 months and receive regular shifts
- If you're employed, you've been in the same job for at least 3-6 months. However, if you've been in the same industry for two years, this period can be shorter.
How long does the application process take?
The minimum time for the whole loan application is one week, though this depends on a lot of factors such as:
- How soon you can provide the documentation requested
- How soon a valuer can access the property
What documents do I need to supply?
- Personal details - name, 100 points of ID, residential address, marital status and residency status
- Employment details - whether you are on PAYG payments or self-employed, as well as details of your annual income
- Loan details - intended product name, borrowing situation and security property information
- Financial details - your current assets, liabilities and investments you may have