Online renter’s portal enters the insurance game
Rent.com.au will offer an insurance product designed for the growing number of Australian renters.
Research from Rent.com.au shows that fewer than half of Australia’s renters have their contents insured, so the online renter’s portal decided to do something about it. The company has partnered with insurance giant Chubb to develop Renter Cover, a contents policy specifically designed for renters.
Renter's insurance is basically the same thing as contents insurance. By tweaking the concept of contents insurance slightly, Rent.com.au shows that it's got its finger on the pulse, especially because renters account for nearly a third of the country’s population, and growing.
The company’s CEO Greg Bader explained that Renter Cover combines Rent.com.au’s knowledge of renters and Chubb’s insurance expertise. It will be available sometime in Q1 2018.
According to Rent.com.au’s research, only 45% of all renters have contents insurance and only 73% of renters under 40 have contents insurance.
Rent.com.au is an online portal that connects renters with rental spaces, offering a number of tools that make the rental process easier for both renters and landlords.
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer, operating in 54 countries.
- Cold snap prompts heater warnings
- Australia drops from 37 to 50 among countries ranked by residents’ own feelings of safety
- Australians are leaving their homes vacant, inviting burglars to help themselves
- NSW home insurance rates vary wildly from brand to brand
- Northern Australian homeowners distressed over the state of insurance