Get better value on your home loan and all your banking needs with the IMB Platinum Package.
The IMB Platinum Package is designed to offer a competitive home loan and a range of other banking solutions in one streamlined package. This article deals with the option of taking out an IMB Standard Variable Rate Home Loan or Equity Line Advantage as part of an IMB Platinum Package.
The package offers a discount off IMB’s competitive standard variable interest rate and allows you to bundle your mortgage with some of IMB’s most popular products. Borrowers can enjoy lower monthly repayments, no application fee and one annual fee, and take advantage of a wide range of linked products and discounts on other financial services.
Note that this review is for the IMB Platinum Package's variable rate options. To read about the IMB Platinum Package's fixed rate options, head here.
|Product Name||IMB Platinum Package|
|Interest Rate Type||Variable|
|Comp Rate^ (p.a.)|
|Minimum Loan Amount||$150,000|
|Maximum Loan Term||30 years|
|Maximum Insured LVR||95%|
|Mortgage Offset Account||Yes|
|Mortgage 100% Offset||Yes|
|Loan Redraw Facility||Yes|
|Split Loan Facility||Yes|
|Fixed Interest Option||No|
|Suitable for Investment||Yes|
|Available as equity loan/line of credit||Yes|
|Repayment Type||Principal & Interest and Interest Only Options|
|Ongoing Fees||$395 p.a.|
- $0 application fee
- $0 redraw fee when processing redraws online
- Option to have variable or equity loan
- $395 annual package fee
- $323.74 settlement fee
- $50 discharge or closure fee
Details to consider about the IMB Platinum Package
The IMB Platinum Package is available to customers who want to borrow at least $150,000 and are willing to pay an annual fee of $395. Taking out the package entitles borrowers to discounts on IMB’s standard variable rate for the life of the loan. A discounted equity line is also available to help you consolidate your debt and minimise your interest repayments, while you can also take advantage of a no-annual-fee Platinum MasterCard and insurance discounts.
Features of the IMB Platinum Package Home Loan
- Minimum loan amount. The IMB Platinum Package is available for loans of more than .
- Maximum Loan-to-Value Ratio (LVR). Owner occupiers can borrow up to 95% of the value of the property they wish to purchase, but be aware that borrowing above 80% will require paying lenders mortgage insurance (LMI). Investors can take advantage of a maximum LVR of 80%.
- Discounted interest rates. The IMB Platinum Package entitles borrowers to a discount on IMB’s standard variable rate for the life of their loan.
- Line of equity. A discounted equity line allows borrowers to consolidate debt and minimise interest repayments. It is available to customers with a home loan portion of more than $75,000 and an LVR of less than 90%.
- Repayment options. Repayments can be made weekly, fortnightly or monthly, while unlimited additional repayments are allowed at any time.
- Redraw facility. A free redraw facility can be accessed via IMB internet banking.
- Offset account. A 100% offset account can be linked to an IMB Variable Rate Loan held through a Platinum Package.
- Transaction account. The IMB Platinum Package includes an IMB Everyday Unlimited transaction account with no monthly fee and fee-free transactions across IMB channels.
- Platinum MasterCard. Customers can receive an IMB Platinum MasterCard with no annual fee.
- Other discounts. Other benefits include a 10% premium discount for the first year on home and contents insurance or landlord insurance, plus a free financial planning consultation.
- Annual fee: $395. This annual fee covers the administrative costs associated with the IMB Platinum Package.
- Discharge or closure fee: $50. This is a fee charged for the closure of your home loan whether it is due to refinancing or paying it off.
- Settlement fee: $323.74. This fee is charged for the set up of your home loan and accompanying accounts.
How to apply for the IMB Platinum Package Home Loan
If you’d like to find out more about the benefits of taking out an IMB Standard Variable Loan or Equity Line Advantage as part of an IMB Platinum Package, click the "go to site" link on this page to be taken to the IMB website.
If you’d like to apply for an IMB Platinum Package, you’ll need to be an Australian permanent resident and at least 18 years of age. You will also need to declare any bankruptcies or legal proceedings underway against you during the application process.
In order for IMB to assess your application and determine your capacity to repay the loan, the lender will need you to provide a range of details.
These may include:
- Your full name and contact details
- Photo identification
- Details of your employment and your income, such as recent pay slips and tax returns
- Information about any assets you own
- Details of any liabilities and ongoing expenses
- Details of the purpose of the loan and the property you wish to purchase
There are plenty of benefits that IMB Platinum Package customers can enjoy, but compare the features of this loan package with those of other mortgages on the market to determine whether it offers the right financial solution for you.
Enquire about this home loan