A home loan with a range of features to help you own your home sooner
Featuring a discounted rate for the first two years, which reverts to a rate with an ongoing discount of 0.50% off IMB's Standard Variable Rate for the life of the loan, this loan is designed to help you pay it off sooner.
|Product Name||IMB Accelerator Home Loan|
|Interest Rate Type||Variable|
|Comp Rate^ (p.a.)|
|Minimum Loan Amount||$75,000|
|Maximum Loan Term||30 years|
|Maximum Insured LVR||90%|
|Mortgage Offset Account||Yes|
|Mortgage 100% Offset||Yes|
|Loan Redraw Facility||Yes|
|Split Loan Facility||Yes|
|Suitable for Investment||No|
|Available as equity loan/line of credit||No|
|Repayment Type||Principal & Interest and Interest Only Options|
|Lender's Legal Fee||$0|
|Ongoing Fees||$0 p.a.|
- 100% offset account
- Make unlimited extra repayments
- No ongoing fees
- Application fee of $445
- Maximum LVR of 90%
What should I consider with the IMB Accelerator Home Loan?
Featuring an ongoing discount off IMB's Standard Variable Rate for the life of the loan, you'll also get a special discounted interest rate for the first two years of your loan.
You should know that the Accelerator Home Loan is only available for new funds, that is, it's not available for refinancing from an existing IMB home loan. Owner occupiers and investors are eligible to apply.
This loan is available for: vacant residential land, existing properties and land, strata units, investment properties, improving and/or renovating an existing property, paying out a partner to a mortgage, refinancing from a non-IMB home loan and is available as a construction option.
What are the features and benefits of this loan?
- Loan to value ratio (LVR). There is a maximum LVR of 90% for this loan and this applies to both owner occupiers and investors. The maximum LVR that applies to your situation will depend on state, occupancy, loan amount and security type.
- Maximum term. This loan has a maximum loan term of 30 years.
- Loan amounts. You can borrow a minimum of $75,000, up to a maximum of 90% of the property value.
- Repayments. Your repayments are charged and calculated monthly, though you can make more frequent repayments. Weekly and fortnightly repayments are allowed as long as you meed the required monthly repayment amount.
- Split facility. This is available, but not with the construction option. A split rate option allows you to split your loan into both variable and fixed portions, so you can enjoy some of the benefits of both rate types.
- Additional repayments. You can make unrestricted, unlimited extra repayments with this loan.
- Redraw facility. You can redraw for free online through IMB Internet Banking, otherwise a $50 fee will apply if you redraw through an IMB Branch or IMB Direct. The minimum amount is $500.
- 100% offset account. This offset facility is only available with the IMB Everyday or Everyday Unlimited accounts. An offset account works by using the money in the account to substitute a portion of your loan principal so you pay less interest.
- Repayment options. You can choose from: direct salary, electronic transfer, GiroPost, periodical payments from your IMB account, within an IMB branch and through phone, internet and mobile banking.
- Portability. A $600 fee applies if you wish to use this feature. A portable facility means you can see your property and move to a new one without the need to switch loans.
- Home loan statements. These will be received on a quarterly basis.
What are the fees and charges?
Fees you can avoid
- Ongoing account keeping fee, $0. There's no fee charged to maintain your home loan account.
Fees you can't avoid
- Application fee, $445. This fee is charged to cover the cost of your application and includes one valuation. Any extra valuation costs beyond this are required to be covered by the borrower.
How do I apply for the IMB Accelerator Home Loan?
If you would like to find out more information or apply for this loan, please click on the secure links provided on this page to be taken to the IMB website. You'll be taken to page that look similar to one pictured on the left.
You'll have the option of requesting a call back from IMB or applying for the loan directly.
With a few of your details, you can request a call back:
- Contact details - Your name, preferred contact number, preferred contact time
- Address - Your home address
- Preliminary information about your loan
If you would like to apply, the online firm should take about 15-20 minutes to complete. To eligible you need to meet the following criteria:
- You're at least 18 years of age
- You're a permanent Australia resident
- You've never been declared bankrupt or had any judgements or legal action against you for the recovery of debt.
If you currently reside outside of ACT, NSW or VIC and currently not a member of IMB, please note that you won't be able to complete your application online.