Homestar Star Essentials Home Loan
Homestar's Star Essentials mortgage is a variable rate loan for homebuyers that sticks to the basics and offers a very low rate.
Richard Whitten is a senior writer at Finder covering home loans and property. He helps everyone understand the ins and outs of mortgages so they can make smarter property decisions. He has written for Yahoo Finance, Money Magazine, Homely, and for multiple banks and lenders. Richard trained as a high school teacher but found it easier to manage personal finances than a classroom full of kids. Before joining Finder, he edited textbooks and taught English in South Korea. Richard has a Bachelor of Education, a Graduate Certificate in Communication and is currently studying a Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking.
This loan has a variable rate for principal and interest owner-occupier borrowers. The loan has a maximum LVR of 80%, which means you'll need a 20% deposit.
Homestar is an online lender. It doesn't have physical branches but offers customer support online and over the phone.
About this loan
What are the features and benefits of the Star Essentials Home Loan?
- Loan amount. You can borrow as little as $150,000 and as much as $1,000,000.
- Purpose. This product is only for owner-occupiers buying a home to live in, not an investment property.
- Repayment flexibility. You can repay this loan monthly, weekly or fortnightly. You can also make unlimited extra repayments.
- Deposit size. You can borrow up to 80% of your property's value. There's no low deposit option.
What fees and charges come with this loan?
The Star Essentials Home Loan keeps fees to a minimum.
- Settlement fee. There may be a third-party disbursement fee. This isn't charged by Homestar.
- Late payment fee: $20. If your payments are overdue, there's a small fee.
- Redraw. There's no fee for online redraw but there's a small fee for manual redraw.
How to apply
To apply for this product or get more information, click the green "Go to site" button and follow the application process to speak to a Homestar mortgage specialist. They'll talk you through eligibility requirements and help you with the application.
Home Loan OffersImportant Information*
Up to $3,000 refinance cashback. A flexible and competitive variable rate loan. Eligible borrowers refinancing $250,000 or more can get $2,000 cashback per property plus a bonus $1,000 for their first application. Other conditions apply.
Up to $4,000 refinance cashback. With this competitive variable rate loan from St.George, refinancers borrowing $250,000+ can get up $4,000 cashback and borrow up to 90% of the property's value. (Terms, conditions & exclusions apply).
A competitive variable rate mortgage for owner occupiers $0 application and $0 ongoing fees. This interest rate falls over time as you pay off the loan.
Take advantage of a low-fee mortgage with a special interest rate of just 2.34% p.a. and a 2.34% p.a. comparison rate.