Homestar Gold Fixed Home Loan
The Homestar Gold Fixed home loan is a very competitive fixed rate loan that's only for refinancers with 40% equity.
The Gold Home Loan from Homestar is a fixed rate loan with principal-and-interest repayments. The loan has a very low fixed rate. You must be refinancing an existing mortgage to qualify for this product.
Richard Whitten is a senior writer at Finder covering home loans and property. He helps everyone understand the ins and outs of mortgages so they can make smarter property decisions. He has written for Yahoo Finance, Money Magazine, Homely, and for multiple banks and lenders. Richard trained as a high school teacher but found it easier to manage personal finances than a classroom full of kids. Before joining Finder, he edited textbooks and taught English in South Korea. Richard has a Bachelor of Education, a Graduate Certificate in Communication and is currently studying a Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking.
The loan has a maximum insured LVR of 60%, meaning you will need a 40% deposit (or rather, equity).
About this loan
What are the features and benefits of the Homestar Gold Home Loan?
- Loan amount. You can borrow up to $500,000 with this loan.
- Purpose. This product is available for home buyers (owner-occupiers) only, not investors. However it's not for new home buyers but for existing home buyers looking to refinance their loan.
- Deposit size. You can borrow up to 60% of your property's value, meaning you will need a 40% deposit. This is what makes the loan suitable for refinancers who have already built equity.
- Other features. The loan has no redraw facility but does allow loan splits. You can also make extra repayments.
What fees and charges come with this loan?
The Homestar Gold Home Loan has several fees you should be aware of.
- Service fee: $395. This fee is charged annually.
- Legal fee: $284 plus disbursements. This fee covers the legal costs with processing the loan.
- Valuation fee: $248. This fee covers the cost to have your property valued.
- Discharge fee: $535. You pay this fee when exiting the loan.
How to apply
To apply for this product or to get more information, click the green button and follow the application process to speak to a mortgage specialist from Homestar. They'll talk you through eligibility requirements and assist you with the application.
Home Loan OffersImportant Information*
Up to $3,000 refinance cashback. A flexible and competitive variable rate loan. Eligible borrowers refinancing $250,000 or more can get $2,000 cashback per property plus a bonus $1,000 for their first application. Other conditions apply.
Up to $4,000 refinance cashback. With this competitive variable rate loan from St.George, refinancers borrowing $250,000+ can get up $4,000 cashback and borrow up to 90% of the property's value. (Terms, conditions & exclusions apply).
A competitive variable rate mortgage for owner occupiers $0 application and $0 ongoing fees. This interest rate falls over time as you pay off the loan.