The Homestar Gold Fixed home loan is a very competitive fixed rate loan that's only for refinancers with 40% equity.
The Gold Home Loan from Homestar is a fixed rate loan with principal-and-interest repayments. The loan has a very low fixed rate. You must be refinancing an existing mortgage to qualify for this product.
|Product Name||Homestar Star Gold|
|Interest Rate Type||Fixed|
|Comp Rate^ (p.a.)|
|Minimum Loan Amount||$150,000|
|Maximum Loan Amount||$500,000|
|Minimum Loan Term||10 years|
|Maximum Loan Term||30 years|
|Maximum Insured LVR||60%|
|Mortgage Offset Account||No|
|Mortgage 100% Offset||No|
|Loan Redraw Facility||No|
|Split Loan Facility||Yes|
|Fixed Interest Option||Yes|
|Suitable for Investment||No|
|Available as equity loan/line of credit||No|
|Repayment Type||Principal & Interest|
|Lender's Legal Fee||$284 plus disbursements|
|Ongoing Fees||$395 p.a.|
- Low fixed rate.
- Flexible repayments.
- Requires a large deposit/equity.
- Refinance only.
- This loan has several fees.
What do I need to know about this loan?
The loan has a maximum insured LVR of 60%, meaning you will need a 40% deposit (or rather, equity).
What are the features and benefits of the Homestar Gold Home Loan?
- Loan amount. You can borrow up to $500,000 with this loan.
- Purpose. This product is available for home buyers (owner-occupiers) only, not investors. However it's not for new home buyers but for existing home buyers looking to refinance their loan.
- Deposit size. You can borrow up to 60% of your property's value, meaning you will need a 40% deposit. This is what makes the loan suitable for refinancers who have already built equity.
- Other features. The loan has no redraw facility but does allow loan splits. You can also make extra repayments.
What fees and charges come with this loan?
The Homestar Gold Home Loan has several fees you should be aware of.
- Service fee: $395. This fee is charged annually.
- Legal fee: $284 plus disbursements. This fee covers the legal costs with processing the loan.
- Valuation fee: $248. This fee covers the cost to have your property valued.
- Discharge fee: $535. You pay this fee when exiting the loan.
How do I apply for this loan?
To apply for this product or to get more information, click the green button and follow the application process to speak to a mortgage specialist from Homestar. They'll talk you through eligibility requirements and assist you with the application.