Bendigo Bank Express Home Loan
Borrow up to $3 million on a variable or fixed loan with Bendigo Bank’s online Express Home Loan, using as little as a 10% deposit for insured borrowers.
A solution for both new owner-occupiers and investors, Bendigo Bank’s Express Home Loan offers fixed and variable options as well as features like offset accounts and extra repayments.
Richard Whitten is a money editor at Finder, and has been covering home loans, property and personal finance for 6+ years. He has written for Yahoo Finance, Money Magazine and Homely; and has appeared on various radio shows nationwide. He holds a Certificate IV in mortgage broking and finance (RG 206), a Tier 1 Generic Knowledge certification and a Tier 2 General Advice Deposit Products (RG 146) certification.
The Bendigo Express Home Loan is a solid home loan for new buyers who are buying established property in a capital city or major regional centre. It has options for fixed and variable rate loans for both investors and owner-occupiers. Being aimed at new home loans only, it has a maximum loan-to-value ratio (LVR) of 90%. There are also fees to be aware of, such as the $250 application fee, $10 a month ongoing fee and $35 late payment fee, but these are not totally out of the ordinary. Despite the fees, it is a great solution for many first home buyers with a quick and simple online application, competitive interest rates and an offset account option.
About this loan
What are the features and benefits of the Bendigo Bank Express Home Loan?
- Loan purpose. The Bendigo Bank Express Home Loan is for investors and owner-occupiers who have not held a home loan before.
- Loan to value ratio. You can borrow up to 90% of your property's value for new loans, or 90% for refinances.
- Loan amount. With this loan, you can borrow up to $3,000,000 , with a minimum loan size of $5,000.
- Extra repayments. This loan lets you make extra repayments.
- Offset account. You can have a full offset account with the variable rate home loan or a partial offset account with a fixed rate home loan.
- Online application. The online application makes applying for this loan quick and simple, and you can receive your loan documents on the same day as approval.
How to apply
To apply for this home loan or learn more about it, click the green button and follow the steps to connect with Bendigo Bank and start an application.
With an online application for the Express Home Loan, you can start it at any time and then return to it later. Once you've applied you should receive a quick decision, with loan documents sent out the same day if you're approved.
When applying for any home loan there are various documents that you will need to provide to establish your identity, financial situation and details about the property.
Documents that may be required include:
Property details. Although you can start an application before you have bought the property, you will need the address and signed contract of sale to complete the application.
Identification. You will need at least one form of government ID such as a driver's licence, passport or Medicare card.
Proof of income. To prove you can afford to repay the loan, you will need to provide recent payslips or, in some cases, tax returns.
Asset and liability documents. You need to provide documents showing your current assets (savings accounts, investments) and liabilities (outstanding debts).
To be eligible for the Express Home Loan at Bendigo Bank, you must:
- Be over 18 years of age
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident who lives in Australia
- Be employed, either through PAYG or self-employment
- Have at least a 10% deposit
- Be buying a home or investment property in a capital city or major regional centre
- Be buying an established property (not off the plan or under construction)