Citibank Mortgage Plus Fixed Rate
Enjoy the certainty of a fixed rate home loan along with additional repayments up to $1,000 per month without penalty.
Shirley Liu is Finder's global program manager. She was previously the publisher for banking and investments and has also written comparisons for energy, money transfers, Uber Eats and many other topics. Shirley has a Master of Commerce and a Bachelor of Media, Journalism and Communications from the University of New South Wales. She is passionate about helping people find the best deal for their needs.
This loan is only available as a full documentation loan and is not available to the self-employed. It's also only available for loan amounts over $350,000. Finally, you must have a variable portion with this loan of at least $20,000.
About this loan
What are the features and benefits of the Citibank Mortgage Plus Fixed Rate?
- Fixed terms. Available from six months to five years.
- Free rate lock. If settlement occurs after the 60 days, then the prevailing fixed interest rate at the time of rate lock will apply. This means you won't lose out on the rate you want in the time it takes to settle.
- Loan amounts. There is a minimum loan amount of $350,000 and a maximum loan amount of $4,000,000.
- Loan term. The maximum loan term is 30 years.
- Loan to value ratio. Note that this discounted rate is only available if your maximum LVR is 80% or below. You can borrow up to 90% of the property's value plus the LMI premium that you'll need to pay if you borrow more than 80% of the property's value, but keep in mind that the rate may be different if more than 80% is borrowed.
- Interest-only repayments. You can opt for interest-only repayments for a period of up to five years.
- Additional repayments. As mentioned above, you make additional repayments up to $1,000 per month. If you intend to make additional repayments greater than $1,000 per month, break charges will apply. Note that a 1% cash handling fee could apply if you make a cash deposit over $500 at a NAB branch.
- Redraw facility. This is not available for the fixed portion of your loan, but allows you to withdraw any additional repayments you've made.
- Split accounts. You can split up to four accounts with a minimum split amount of $20,000 per account.
- Loan top-up. You can increase your loan amount by getting in touch with Citibank directly. They will provide you with a form that you'll need to fill in and to return to them.
- Portability. You can transfer your Citibank loan with you if you decide to move properties.
- Loan protection insurance. You can opt for life, accident, critical illness or income insurance should anything affect you and you can't make your home loan repayments.
- Free customised property report. Valued at $64.95 you can get a free valuation report done on your property.
What fees and charges come with this loan?
- Credit card annual fee (package), varies. You can select an eligible Citibank credit card and have the annual fee waived.
- Legal fees varies. These fees are to cover the cost of an legal paperwork that's involved.
- Application fee, $399. This fee is charged to cover the cost of setting up your account and the paperwork (Citibank is currently waiving this fee).
- Annual fee (package), $350. This is to cover the cost of maintaining your account.
- Settlement fee, $250. Once the loan has been established, this fee is charged (Citibank is currently waiving this fee).
How to apply
If you would like to know more information or apply this home loan, you can request an obligation free call back or enter a few details to get your application started by clicking 'Go to Site'.
What do I need to provide for a call back?
- First and last name
- Phone number
- Email and postcode
- Preferred time to call you back
What do I need to provide for my application?
- Your email address and contact details
- Details about your employment
- Your recent pay slips and bank statements
- Information about your assets and liabilities (expenses or amounts owing)
- Documents to help confirm your identity
- Your mobile phone numbers
- You need to be at least 18 years old
- You are an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- You've read and understood the terms and conditions
- You have an Australian residential address
Online applications are not available for the self-employed, company or trust applications. Please get in touch with Citibank directly to enquire about these.
What happens after I've submitted the application form?
Citibank will get in touch with you within 14 days with further steps
Home Loan OffersImportant Information*
Up to $3,000 refinance cashback. A flexible and competitive variable rate loan. Eligible borrowers refinancing $250,000 or more can get $2,000 cashback per property plus a bonus $1,000 for their first application. Other conditions apply.
Up to $4,000 refinance cashback With this competitive variable rate loan from St.George, refinancers borrowing $250,000+ can get up to $4,000 cashback and borrow up to 80% of the property's value (terms, conditions & exclusions apply).
A competitive variable rate mortgage for owner occupiers $0 application and $0 ongoing fees. This interest rate falls over time as you pay off the loan.