BankVic provides financial products for police, health service and emergency service workers with BankVic membership. Anywhere S11 is a flexible everyday account that offers free unlimited access to your money online, via mobile, telephone banking and online. ATM transactions are free (when conducted in Australia) when you deposit a minimum of $1,000 per month into your Anywhere S11 account.
What are the features of the BankVic Anywhere S11?
Whether you choose to divert part of your salary into this account or make a cash or cheque deposit every month, a minimum of $1,000 allows you to benefit from a number of free features as well as unlimited access to your funds. These include:
No account-keeping fees are charged for this account.
Minimum monthly deposit to get your ATM transaction fee waived
While no initial deposit is required to open this account, a monthly deposit of at least $1,000 is required for free ATM transactions (otherwise charged at $2 per transaction). The deposit must be made from an external account or debited from your salary.
Anywhere S11 account-holders can access their money online, or via telephone or mobile banking. They also benefit from free eftpos transactions and the PayAnyone service to transfer funds using mobile numbers and email addresses.
An interest rate of 0.01% applies to all balances. Interest is paid at the ends of June and December.
BPay and BPay View
These services allow you make and schedule bill payments, and also to keep a log of all your bills in one place.
Visa debit card
Account holders are issued with a Visa debit card to use at any ATM, as well as for online purchases and settling outstanding bills.
Account holders have the option to request a cheque book.
- Electronic transfers
- $0 monthly account fees
- Free ATM withdrawals around Australia as long as $1000 is deposited monthly
- Mobile, online and telephone banking available
What you’ll need to know before applying
BankVic is a bank for members of the police, health, public and emergency services. Only members can apply for the Anywhere S11 account. You can open an account online by visiting the BankVic website.
It’s a good idea to have the relevant ID information ready when clicking through to the application page. Otherwise, visit one of the four branches or call them directly.
Here’s what you need to know when applying:
Eligibility to apply
- Available only to those working in a specific industry. Before applying for an account, you have to apply to become a BankVic member. Applicants must be members of the police force, or health, public or emergency services.
- Proof of Australian residence required. Applicants must prove that they are Australian residents aged 18 years or older. Read the BankVic’s privacy statement for more information about how your personal details are treated .
- Depository requirements. In order to benefit from free ATM transactions, you must deposit a minimum of $1,000 into your Anywhere S11 account from an external account, as a cash or cheque deposit, or as a debit from your salary.
Documentation for your online application
- Tax File Number. Supplying your tax file number is not compulsory, but if you choose not to disclose it, withholding tax will be deducted from your interest earned at the highest marginal rate.
- Identification. You’ll be asked to supply identification when applying for this account, which can include your Australian passport and driver’s licence. When effecting transactions or other services, your identity will be confirmed by signature comparison.
- Additional security measures are available. You can also apply for a keyword or Rapid Response Access Code for extra security when conducting transactions via telephone. You can use an online banking password to access your account using a computer or mobile phone.