BankSA Business Cheque Account Plus
Australian business owners who prefer banking the old fashioned way will appreciate the benefits of a BankSA Business Cheque Account Plus
For a monthly fee, you can make 70 free in-branch transactions a month. This includes depositing cash and cheques, or withdrawing cash. You'll also get easy access to your account via Internet, phone and mobile banking as well as with the linked business debit card.
Account keeping fee
ATM withdrawal fee
Overseas ATM withdrawal fee
Overseas transaction fee
of transaction value
Alison Banney is the banking and investments editor at Finder. She has written about finance for over six years with her work featured on sites including Yahoo Finance, Money Magazine and Dynamic Business.
This account is best suited to business customers who make a lot of transactions in branch, for example depositing cash and cheques. The account has a $20 monthly fee, which is quite high, however you get 70 free staff-assisted transactions a month. Normally these transactions in branch will have a fee of a few dollars each time.
If you make even more than 70 in-branch transactions in a month, there are some business bank accounts that offer unlimited in-branch transactions. Or, if you don’t make many in-branch transactions, the BankSA Business Freedom Account allows 20 free staff-assisted transactions for a $10 monthly fee instead.
There is an $20 monthly maintenance fee with this account that can be waived if you are also using BankSA’s Commercial Overdraft or Business Maximiser Overdraft facility.
You are allowed up to 70 free deposits and/or withdrawals at a branch, and 70 free cheque deposits or merchant envelopes each month. Your account will be charged $1.00 for each transaction that exceeds the 70 limit.
There are no fees or limitations on the number of transactions you make online.
Visa business debit card
Opt to link a business Visa debit card to the account and you can make unlimited withdrawals at ATMs in the BankSA, Westpac, Bank of Melbourne and St.George network. Purchases can also be made using the business Visa debit card at no charge to you.
BankSA provides an app as a part of their online banking service which can be found at the Google play store or at the app store, making it compatible with both Android and iPhone mobile devices. Besides being able to track your account and find the nearest branch with the app, you can also withdraw money from a BankSA ATM without having to use your debit card.
This account is only available for registered businesses operating in Australia.
Free legal advice
Via email, BankSA puts you in touch with lawyers and accountants who will provide you with free advice related to your business. Up to three contacts can be made in relation to the same issue, after which you may choose to continue with them at a cost to you.
How to apply
If the flexibility of the Business Cheque Account Plus is appealing to you, BankSA will allow you to fill out an application online.
Before applying online check to make sure that you and your business are eligible to open this account:
- Business location. The business for which the account is being opened must be registered to operate in Australia.
- Residency requirements. Any and all individuals listed on the application will have to be permanent residents of Australia.
- Depository requirements. You are able to open the account with an initial deposit of $1.00.
If your business is able to meet the eligibility requirements, there is some documentation that you should have readily available to offer BankSA as you continue filling out the application:
- Tax file number. A tax file number (TFN) is necessary to avoid paying any withholding tax on the account.
- Business identification. You will be asked for either your Australian Business Number (ABN) or Australian Company Number (ACN) as you start the application. In lieu of these you may be able to use an Australian Registered Business Number (ARBN) or Australian Registered Scheme Number (ARSN).
- Personal details. A sole trader will need to only supply their personal details, but if your business is a partnership you will need personal information for at least two listed partners. A company will have to provide the personal details for the directors and/or company secretaries.
What happens after I submit my application?
After your application has been submitted, you can expect a call from a BankSA business specialist on the next business day. After verifying the information and making sure the application is complete you will receive a welcome pack in the mail. This will need to be completed and mailed back before you are given your new account details.