Keep your hard earned earnings safe with one of the many accounts offered through Intech Credit Union.
Over 50 years ago, the employees of what we know now as Telstra and IBM established credit unions to help workers save, spend and buy homes. Now having joined as one financial institution, Intech Credit Union provides those services to all Australians who are working in the Information and Communications Technologies (ICT) sector.
On 1 January 2017 Intech Credit Union merged with Bank Australia. You can find Bank Australia's products here.
Who is Intech Credit Union?
Intech Credit Union has designed an array of accounts meant to specifically serve those Australians working in the ICT sector. Not only does this include transaction accounts for every stage of your career, but an array of savings products that give your money opportunities to grow with higher interest rates. No monthly fees are charged on these accounts, and you are given a variety of methods to use in order to access your money.
What is internet banking like for Intech Credit Union?
Using a range of interactive features and state of the art technology, Intech Credit Union is able to provide customers with a convenient and secure internet banking platform. This makes it easy for you to bank from wherever you are whenever you need to. With this feature you are able to make your financial transactions as if at a local branch.
Registering for internet banking with Intech Credit Union is simple. You only need to fill out an online form and someone from the credit union will be in touch with your password and information on how to use the system. From that point forward you will be able to use the various features to assist you in your banking needs.
Notable features include:
- No monthly fees for the service
- Available access 24 hours a day
- Pay your bills through BPAY
- Email confirmation of transfers
- Check your current balances
- Check your latest transactions
- Review your statements online
- Update your personal and contact details
- Transfer funds using Pay Anyone
What transaction accounts are offered by Intech Credit Union?
- Access Savings Account. A flexible everyday account that lets you bank in a number of ways including online and over the phone. Link to a Titanium Visa debit card and make EFTPOS purchases and ATM withdrawals with ease.
- Any Purpose Saving Account. This transaction account also pays you interest, which is calculated daily and paid into the account twice a year. Full access if given using either the internet or telephone banking system.
- Retirement Maximiser. Working in line with the Australian Government rules on deeming, this account is designed for pensioners and retirees who want to earn interest on their savings, while still having total access to it.
What high interest savings accounts are offered by Intech Credit Union?
- iSaver Account. An online savings account that pays higher rates on tiered balances. Transaction fees can be reduced with this account through the member bonus allowances.
- XLR8 Online Saver. With this online savings account you are able to earn higher interest rates by meeting a monthly deposit and withdrawal requirement. You will not have to maintain a monthly balance or pay any monthly fees.
- Think Money. Think Money is a savings account that gives you the high interest earning benefit of a term deposit, without you having to lock your money away. No notice is needed to make withdrawals, while you are given multiple options to access the account.
- Christmas Club. Set up direct deposits from your pay weekly, fortnightly or monthly and have your Christmas spending money ready when you need. Your total deposits earn interest at a competitive rate and is paid into your account on the last day of October.
- Pixels. This is a junior savings account designed for children five and under. Guardians can help secure the child’s future with a competitive interest rate on the balance each month a required deposit is made with only withdrawal.
- Widgets. Designed for children aged 6 to 11, the Widgets Bonus Saver account rewards kids for saving with bonus interest. You can also link this account to a Junior Access Account to provide them with a little spending money.
- Terabytes. With the Terabytes Bonus Saver teens are able to gain some financial independence while earning a competitive interest on their monthly deposits. Access is given online and over the phone, where deposits and transfers can easily be made.
What term deposits are offered by Intech Credit Union?
- Fixed Term Deposit. With a guaranteed return on your investment the fixed term deposit gives you an opportunity to save for an upcoming special event. Terms range from three months to three years, with a minimum deposit of $5,000 and interest paid at maturity.
- Regular Income Fixed Term Deposit. Like a term deposit, your investment earns interest at a fixed rate over a specified length of time. Yet rather than one payment when the terms end, you are allowed to receive your interest as monthly payments.
What are the pros and cons of banking with Intech Credit Union?
- Mobile banking. Intech Credit Union has introduced a mobile banking service that gives you access from your smartphone for all of the most popular banking features.
- Juvenile accounts. With this financial institution a child’s savings needs are covered for every stage of life.
- Online access. With the features provided by the online banking services you can set up automatic payments and credits, pay your bills and make transfers.
- Titanium Visa debit card. Everyday accounts can be linked to a Titanium Visa debit card, allowing you to access your money wherever in the world you are.
- Membership. Membership into Intech Credit Union is limited to those who work in the ICT sector. You will have to contact the credit union first and apply for membership before you can apply for any of the savings accounts.
- Branch access. There are only four Intech Credit Union branches available, all of which are located in either Melbourne or Sydney.
How do I apply for an Intech Credit Union account?
So long as you are already a member of Intech Credit Union you can apply for any of their savings accounts by filling out a simple online application. You will need to provide your membership number, along with your current contact information. Once the details have been confirmed, you will receive information about your new account and how to get started on saving your money.