Westpac Fixed Option Premier Advantage Package
Get a discount off your interest rate whilst enjoying the comfort of it being locked in
Fixed rate home loans can be an option for people who want the certainty of knowing what the repayments are going to be. With this loan you get to package a fixed rate with other financial products.
Marc Terrano is a lead publisher and growth marketer at Finder. He has previously worked at Finder as a publisher for frequent flyer points and home loans, and as a writer, podcast host and content marketer. Marc has a Bachelor of Communications (Journalism) from the University of Technology Sydney. He’s passionate about creating honest and simple reviews and comparisons to help everyone get value for money.
With no maximum loan amount you just need your loan-to-value ratio approved by Westpac. Part of the package is a Westpac Choice transaction account which, if you don't already have one, can be opened when you apply.
About this loan
What are the features and benefits of the Westpac Fixed Option Rate Premier Advantage Package Home Loan?
- Package discounts: With this package you receive discounts on your home loan as well as other Westpac banking products. Benefits include no annual fee on your credit card, no monthly service fee on your Westpac Choice account, plus discounts off interest rates for loans, other fee waivers and discounts on insurance products.
- Loan-to-value ratio (LVR): You can borrow up to 95% LVR if you pay lender's mortgage insurance (LMI). To avoid LMI you will just need to keep your loan amount below 80% LVR.
- Flexible Repayments: You choose to make repayments weekly, fortnightly or monthly. Your repayments can be principal and interest or you can opt for interest only for a period of up to 15 years, conditions apply. You can also make extra repayments up to $30,000 in the loan term without penalty.
- Redraw: You can redraw any extra payments you make without having to wait for it to revert to a variable rate.
- Rate lock. Your fixed interest rate can still change up until the date your loan settles. You can pay a fee of 0.10% of the fixed loan amount and lock in the rate for up to 90 days from date of application.
What fees and charges come with this loan?
- Annual fee: $395. This fee replaces other account keeping and establishment fees.
- Discharge fee: $350. This is for the closing of all your home loan accounts.
How to apply
If the Westpac Fixed Rate Advantage Package Home Loan interests you click the green 'Go to Site' or 'Enquire' button on this page. You will then be securely transferred to the Westpac website or asked to fill out your details for a mortgage broker to contact you.
A lending expert from Westpac or a mortgage broker will then be in touch to discuss your lending needs. If you prefer to speak to someone in person you can visit your local Westpac branch.
Some of the information they may ask for during the application process is:
- Details and confirmation of your income, savings and assets;
- Details of your monthly expenses and other debts;
- Details of the property you wish to use as security.