Suncorp Home Package Plus Fixed Home Loan
Take advantage of reduced interest rates when you combine a fixed rate home loan with the Suncorp Home Package Plus.
The Suncorp Home Package Plus Fixed Home Loan is a fixed rate package loan. This means you get a secure rate which won't change over the course of your fixed term, as well as rate and fee discounts and discounts on other Suncorp products. In exchange for these benefits you'll pay an annual package fee.
Marc Terrano is a lead publisher and growth marketer at Finder. He has previously worked at Finder as a publisher for frequent flyer points and home loans, and as a writer, podcast host and content marketer. Marc has a Bachelor of Communications (Journalism) from the University of Technology Sydney. He’s passionate about creating honest and simple reviews and comparisons to help everyone get value for money.
Investors and owner occupiers are both eligible for the Home Package Plus when looking to buy a residential property. However, the Home Package Plus is not available for individuals who need a low-doc loan or for pre-approved home loans.
About this loan
What are the features and benefits of the Suncorp Home Package Plus Fixed Home Loan?
- Loan to value ratio (LVR). You have the option of borrowing up to 90% of the home's value. Lenders mortgage insurance (LMI) will be charged on loans that are over 80% of the property's value.
- Loan terms. The fixed rate portion of the package can be up to five years, while the overall life of the loan can be anywhere between 8 years and 30 years.
- Repayment frequency. You have the flexibility of choosing between weekly, fortnightly or monthly repayments to best suit your wage and lifestyle.
- Repayment type. You can make interest and principal repayments for the life of this loan, or select interest-only payments for up to five years. Additional repayments may be made, but repayments over $500 a month may attract break costs.
- Loan amount. Borrowers can qualify for a loan between $150,000 and $3,250,000.
What fees and charges come with this loan?
- Establishment fee. With the package, there is no charge for the application of your home loan.
- Legal fee. Legal fees for documentation preparation are waived.
- Valuation fee. You will not be charged when your secured property is assessed for value.
- Settlement fee. There are no charges to the borrower when the loan is settled.
- Lender's mortgage insurance (LMI). The insurance will only be added to your loan if your borrowed amount is more than 80% of the home's value.
- Annual fee $375. This fee is charged for the maintenance of your loan accounts.
How to apply
If you'd like to apply for the Suncorp Home Package Plus Fixed Home Loan, click on the 'go to site button' to be redirected to the Suncorp Bank website or to a mortgage broker to discuss your eligibility.
Ensure that you have the following details for your application:
- Identification. You must be able to show an original and valid photo identification document. Passports and driver's licenses are acceptable so long as the information regarding name, age and address are in English.
- Income. You can use your three most recent pay stubs or two year's worth of financial statements if you are self-employed.
- Residence. For homeowners, a home loan statement or rates notice is acceptable. Renters should have a rental receipt or agreement while boarders will need a written statement of board.
- Liabilities. You'll need a complete listing of your current debts including loans and credit cards.
- Savings. Provide details of any savings or investment accounts.
The Suncorp Home Package Plus Fixed Home Loan combines a low fixed rate and reduced fees. However, before you apply for this home loan, ensure that you research and compare different products to ensure that it's the right loan for you.
Home Loan OffersImportant Information*
Up to $3,000 refinance cashback. A flexible and competitive variable rate loan. Eligible borrowers refinancing $250,000 or more can get $2,000 cashback per property plus a bonus $1,000 for their first application. Other conditions apply.
Up to $4,000 refinance cashback. With this competitive variable rate loan from St.George, refinancers borrowing $250,000+ can get up $4,000 cashback and borrow up to 90% of the property's value. (Terms, conditions & exclusions apply).
A competitive variable rate mortgage for owner occupiers $0 application and $0 ongoing fees. This interest rate falls over time as you pay off the loan.