For those times when your working capital is greater than you need, you can tuck it away in a secure account. The Business Access Saver is a flexible account that lets your business funds earn interest at a competitive rate. With no monthly minimums to meet and free online banking, putting your business’ savings where they are needed most can be made easy.
Earn a competitive interest rate along with 24/7 access through internet and phone banking.
What are the features of the St.George Business Access Saver Account?
The right business savings account will fit in with the way your business is structured. To ensure that the Business Access Saver is in line with your needs and goals, make sure that you compare its features to other similar accounts:
Competitive variable rate of 0.50%
Up to 0.50% p.a. is available on your balance, allowing you to earn extra cash it is not being used. The interest rate is variable, which means it could change according to the movements of the RBA cash rate.
How is my interest calculated?
Interest on the account is calculated daily against the balance and added to your account on the first business day of the following month.
$0 account keeping fees
There are no monthly service fees for the account. However, it does need to be linked with a St.George business transaction account which may incur monthly charges.
Must be linked to a St.George business transaction account
You will need to have a business transaction account with St.George in the same business name in order to benefit from the features of the savings account. Compare other St.George products available.
No minimum balance
There is no minimum balance requirement for the Business Access Saver from St.George.
You can manage your account online, over the phone or with a mobile device. With each of these you are allowed an unlimited number of transactions for free. Teller banking is also available for free for up to four times in one month. If you exceed that number there will be a $3 charge for every transaction.
Manage your account with mobile banking
You can conduct all of your transactions using a smartphone or other mobile device that uses an iOS or Android operating system. The St.George app allows you to view your account and make transfers in and out of it even when your business has you on the go.
- Earn a competitive interest rate
- 24/7 access through phone and internet banking
- $0 account keeping fees
- Must link to a St.George business transaction account
How do I apply for the St.George Business Access Saver?
Eligibility to apply online
Before proceeding to the secure application page, make sure that you and your business are eligible for this account:
- Linked account. You will need to have an eligible St.George business transaction account already in place in order to be approved for the Business Access Saver account.
- Business location. In order to qualify, your business must be registered to operate in Australia.
- Depository requirements. There is no initial deposit necessary to open the St.George Business Access Saver.
Documentation required for your online application
If you meet these eligibility requirements than your next step should be to gather the following information which will be asked for as you continue with your application:
- Tax file number. Providing your tax file number (TFN) ensures that you are in compliance with Australian tax laws related to business and that the there is no extraneous withholding tax being applied to your account.
- Australian business number. St.George will accept any of the following as proof that you are an Australian based business; Australian Business Number (ABN), Australian Company Number (ACN), Australian Registered Business Number (ARBN) or an Australian Registered Scheme Number (ARSN).
- Transaction account. The account details for your St.George business transaction account will be needed so that you can easily transfer money into your new savings account. If you are not already a St.George business customer, you will be prompted to apply first for the transaction account before being able to apply for the Business Access Saver.
What happens after I submit my application online?
Filling out the application will take approximately ten minutes, and once submitted you should receive an introductory email from St.George. This will let you know what your next steps should be in order to get your savings account opened.