For those times when your working capital is greater than you need, you can tuck it away in a secure account. The Business Access Saver is a flexible account that lets your business funds earn interest at a competitive rate. With no monthly minimums to meet and free online banking, putting your business’ savings where they are needed most can be made easy.
Earn a competitive interest rate along with 24/7 access through internet and phone banking.
What are the features of the St.George Business Access Saver Account?
The right business savings account will fit in with the way your business is structured. To ensure that the Business Access Saver is in line with your needs and goals, make sure that you compare its features to other similar accounts:
- Interest rate. There is a competitive interest rate on your balance offered with the Business Access Account, allowing for you to earn some extra cash when your extra cash is not being used.
- Interest calculation. Interest on the account is calculated daily against the balance and added to your account on the first business day of the following month.
- Service fee. There are no monthly service fees for the account, but it does need to be linked with a business transaction account which may incur monthly charges.
- Minimum balance. There is no minimum balance requirement for the Business Access Saver from St.George.
- Transaction account. You will need to have a business transaction account with St.George in the same business name in order to benefit from the features of the savings account.
- Easy access. You can manage your account online, over the phone or with a mobile device. With each of these you are allowed an unlimited number of transactions for free. Teller banking is also available for free for up to four times in one month. If you exceed that number there will be a $3.00 charge for every transaction.
- Mobile banking. You can conduct all of your transactions using a smartphone or other mobile device that uses an iOS or Android operating system. The St.George app allows you to view your account and make transfers in and out of it even when your business has you on the go.
- Earn a competitive interest rate
- 24/7 access through phone and internet banking
- $0 monthly account keeping fee
- Only for businesses
How do you apply for the St.George Business Access Saver?
If you find that the features offered with the St.George Business Access Saver meet the needs of your business, you can apply online by clicking ‘Go to site’.
Before proceeding to the secure application page, make sure that you and your business are eligible for this account:
- Linked account. You will need to have an eligible St.George business transaction account already in place in order to be approved for the Business Access Saver account.
- Business location. In order to qualify, your business must be registered to operate in Australia.
- Depository requirements. There is no initial deposit necessary to open the St.George Business Access Saver.
If you meet these eligibility requirements than your next step should be to gather the following information which will be asked for as you continue with your application:
- Tax file number. Providing your tax file number (TFN) ensures that you are in compliance with Australian tax laws related to business and that the there is no extraneous withholding tax being applied to your account.
- Australian business number. St.George will accept any of the following as proof that you are an Australian based business; Australian Business Number (ABN), Australian Company Number (ACN), Australian Registered Business Number (ARBN) or an Australian Registered Scheme Number (ARSN).
- Transaction account. The account details for your St.George business transaction account will be needed so that you can easily transfer money into your new savings account. If you are not already a St.George business customer, you will be prompted to apply first for the transaction account before being able to apply for the Business Access Saver.
Filling out the application will take approximately ten minutes, and once submitted you should receive an introductory email from St.George. This will let you know what your next steps should be in order to get your savings account opened.