Nokia 2720 Flip review
- Battery lasts for ages
- Protects its own screen
- Much cheaper than an actual foldable phone
- Good conversation starter
- Text entry is slow and painful
- Camera is terrible
- Feels cheap, but you can get an actual smartphone for less
|Launch price (RRP)||$0|
HMD Global clearly likes the attention it gets, as this year's "Classic" effort is the Nokia 2720, a simple feature phone that attempts to leap ahead of the trend of folding phones by reintroducing flip phones. Ones that fold, so it's jumping ahead of the pack by going backwards.
Which is confusing, I know, but then outside of the small core of die-hard feature phone fanatics out there, it's confusing coming up with a really solid use case for the Nokia 2720 over its other existing feature phones anyway.
- Simple cheap plastic flip phone
- Small in your pocket or purse
- Display is protected by the flip mechanism
- Big friendly buttons
- Single, awful 2MP rear camera
- KaiOS now has social media apps
- But you'd have to be a masochist to use them
- Google Assistant works quite well
- Removable 1,500mAh battery
- Long battery life, but mostly because you won't use it much
- $149 is a fair whack for a simple feature phone.
Pricing and availability
You want a flip feature phone in 2020? We've got some bad news for you because locally there's just not that many alternatives at all. Telstra has its basic Telstra Flip 2 phone a little cheaper than the Nokia 2720 Flip at $119, but competitors Optus and Vodafone only offer candybar-style feature phones.
You could always consider one of Nokia's other "Classic" handsets such as the Nokia 8110 4G or Nokia 3310 3G, both of which are cheaper than the Nokia 2720 Flip.
Nokia 2720 Flip Specifications
Power, storage and battery
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked