Considering nib health insurance? Check out the latest special offers and deals for new customers.
If you’re comparing your health insurance cover options, choosing the right health fund for yourself and your family is far from easy. However, in an effort to entice new customers, many Australian health funds provide special offers and cash back deals to each new member that purchases cover.
nib was established more than 60 years ago and today offers competitive health insurance cover to more than 1 million Australians. Check out the details of its latest new-member deals and promos below.
Current deals offered by nib
What are the other advantages of being an nib member?
In addition to the deals listed above, nib also offers a range of other membership benefits, including:
- Your choice of extras provider. When you take out extras cover with nib, you have the freedom to choose any properly qualified provider recognised by the health fund. There is no need for you to choose from a list of preferred providers.
- Accidental Injury Benefit. If you receive treatment at a hospital emergency department within 24 hours of an accident and if you’re admitted to hospital, you will automatically receive benefits in line with nib’s top level of hospital cover for the next 90 days.
- No limits on emergency ambulance cover. nib health insurance policies do not feature any annual limits on emergency ambulance transportation, ensuring that cover is available whenever you need it. SA and Queensland residents are excluded from this benefit because they are covered under state ambulance schemes.
- Cover tailored to your life stage. Whether you’re young and healthy, starting a family, empty nesters or well into your retirement, nib has cover options designed to suit the needs of Australians at all life stages.
- 4% direct debit discount. If you choose to pay your nib health insurance premiums by direct debit from your bank account or credit card, you could be eligible for a discount of up to 4%.
- Health and wellbeing programs. nib members can also access a range of programs and services to help improve overall health and wellbeing. These include programs to help people living with diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, joint pain, anxiety and depression.
- nib Dental and Eye Care Centres. nib also runs a number of Dental and Eye Care Centres throughout NSW and Victoria. Members who visit these centres can access 100% back on dental check-ups, 100% back on a selection of single vision prescription glasses and a range of other discounts.
Policies offered by nib
Nib offers health insurance to suit singles, couples, families and older Australians, as well as international visitors. Its product range includes:
- Hospital cover. There are five levels of hospital cover to choose from: Top Hospital, Standard Hospital, Starter Plus Hospital and Basic Hospital.
- Extras cover. nib’s extras cover policies include a choice of two ‘core’ policies, Core Extras and Core Extras Plus, as well as the option to increase your cover with Family Extras, Wellbeing Extras, Young at Heart Extras or Top Extras.
- Overseas Visitor Health Cover (OVHC). nib offers five levels of cover for working visitors to Australia: Budget, Value Plus, Basic, Mid and Top.
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). The health fund offers OSHC to meet the visa needs of singles, couples and families.
Take a look at our nib health insurance review for full details of the cover options available and information on how you can become a member.
How to make a claim with nib
If you need to make an extras claim on your nib health insurance policy, there are several ways to do so:
- Swipe your nib card. You can claim on the spot at your healthcare provider by swiping your nib membership card.
- Claim online. You can use the nib Online Claiming service to lodge a claim 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. All you have to do is upload a photo of your receipt.
- Claim via the nib app. You can use nib’s iPhone, iPad and Android apps to upload a photo of your receipt from a mobile device.
- Claim at an nib retail centre. You can find out more about how to claim by speaking to a customer service consultant at your nearest nib retail centre.
- Claim by mail. You also have the option to download and complete a claim form, then mail it and your receipts to nib health funds, Locked Bag 2010, Newcastle NSW 2300.