Find a mortgage broker in Adelaide
Work with a mortgage broker in Adelaide to find out how much you can borrow to buy your dream home.
Looking for a mortgage broker in Adelaide? By working with an experienced, qualified broker, you can find out:
- What your borrowing options are, based on your personal circumstances
- Which lenders' policies suit your specific situation
- What your borrow power is and how much you can likely borrow
- What offers you might qualify for, such as cashback offers
Once you’ve entered your details, an Aussie broker will be in touch to start supporting you on your home loan journey.
- Our panel of 25+ lenders will allow you to compare 100’s of rates
- Get access to free suburb and property reports
- Have expert guidance through the entire application process.
An expert leader in mortgage brokering
How can I find a good broker in my area of Adelaide?
You want to work with a mortgage broker who is a licensed professional and will guide you through the process of finding the most suitable loan for you. There are a few steps you can take to ensure your broker is right for you:
- Are they accredited? Check that your broker has an Australian Credit Licence or is an Australian Credit Representative. They are also required to be a member of either the Mortgage and Finance Association of Australia (MFAA) or the Finance Brokers Association of Australia (FBAA).
- Do they have a broad lending panel? Brokers can't compare loans from all lenders (there are hundreds of options, so it would be impossible to represent them all). But most will have a large range of different types of lenders. As a guide, you want at least 20 lenders to make sure you find the one that best suits you.
- What level of service do they offer? The broker should do the hard work for you. But the more you know about the mortgage industry, the easier it is to know when your broker is really doing their best to help you.
- Is the broker experienced? Chances are your broker has an online presence and previous customers who have left reviews of their experience. Read up on your broker's experience and ask friends for referrals.
How does a mortgage broker work?
A mortgage broker can help you secure the financing you need to buy the property you want. After assessing your financial situation, a broker will present you with a choice of suitable loans from their panel of lenders. Brokers are especially useful for borrowers in complex or unusual situations, who may find it difficult to get finance by approaching a bank directly.
How does a mortgage broker get paid?
Instead of receiving payments from borrowers, mortgage brokers are paid commissions from lenders when they attract new business for a lender. They receive an upfront commission when you take out a loan and a trailing commission every year that you still owe money on your mortgage.
This commission is usually around 0.5–0.8% of the loan amount upfront, so a $550,000 loan could generate a commission of $2,750 to $4,400. The bank covers this cost, and you get to benefit from the broker and their team of support staff doing all of the organising, support and follow-up along the way to organise your loan.
More guides on Finder
Best Cyber Monday deals you can still get today: Up to 70% off
Black Friday is now over, but you can still pick up stacks of Cyber Monday deals that are every bit as good.
How a pink trading platform dominated New Zealand
Sharesies boasts 500,000 Kiwi customers - or one-tenth of the New Zealand population.
Woolworths vs Coles: Which paid membership is better? [VIDEO]
Is it worth spending more with Everyday Extra or Coles Plus?
Savings with Sarah #10
Aussies are predicted to spend $30 billion this festive season. Here's 7 key tips on how you can save on gift-buying.
Cyber Monday laptop deals 2023
Access deals and discounts of up to 65% off laptops from Dell, Microsoft, HP and more in the 2023 Cyber Monday sale event.
Standing desk sale: 35% off at Omnidesk for Cyber Monday
Upgrade your home office this Cyber Monday with 35% off ergonomic standing desks from Omnidesk.
Cyber Monday iPhone deals 2023
If you're looking for iPhone deals in this year's Cyber Monday sales, check out our roundup of the very best discounts around.
Virgin flights to Uluru: How many points do you need?
Can you get a red-hot deal for the red centre?
How to avoid a Christmas debt hangover
11% of us are putting our holiday shopping on plastic.
Black Friday Weekend: Today’s 25 best deals
From cutting-edge gadgets to deluxe mattresses, these are the best Black Friday deals you can get over the weekend.