Bankwest offers a range of home loans that suit the first home buyer, investor or refinancer.
Bankwest has more than 1 million retail customers in Australia and 211 stores and business banking centres across Australia. Check out our Bankwest home loan comparison below to find the right home loan option for first home buyers, refinancers and investors.
Bankwest changes to investment loans
Please note that Bankwest is now accepting standalone refinances for principal and investment loans from non-Bankwest customers.
For other terms and conditions please visit the Bankwest website for more details.
Bankwest Home Loan Offer
The Bankwest Complete Home Loan Package – Variable Home Loan offers no application fees with the ability to make extra repayments, and a redraw facility.
- Interest rate of 3.99% p.a.
- Comparison rate of 4.41% p.a.
- Application fee of $0
- Maximum LVR: 90%
- Minimum borrowing: $200,000
Bankwest home loans comparison
Types of Bankwest home loans
The type of home loan you are best suited to depends on your financial situation, your financial goals and the type of property you have or are buying:
- Variable rate home loans. Bankwest offers a range of competitive variable rate loans. You can take advantage of low introductory rates, discounted for the first year of your loan to help you ease into being a mortgage holder.
- Fixed rate home loans. If you're on a tight budget or just like the security and reliability of knowing what your repayments are going to be, you may want to consider a Bankwest fixed interest rate loan. You can reduce your interest repayments if you take advantage of the linked offset facility.
- Accessing equity. If you have an existing home you may consider using a Bankwest equity loan to access the value you have built up in your property. You can use a Bankwest line of credit facility as part of your equity loan, or use the specialised seniors equity release option to help fund your retirement.
- First home buyer loans. Bankwest is also able to offer support for first home buyers who may not have the required documentation and may benefit from a discount in the first year of their loan.
- Investment loans. Bankwest offers interest-only repayments for investors, a complimentary credit card to help you manage expenses and a fixed interest rate loan to maintain cash flow or a loan with no ongoing fees.
Get an idea of your repayments by filling in some of your details
How to apply for a Bankwest home loan
Conditional approval in 15 minutes
A Bankwest lending specialist can give you conditional approval for a home loan within 15 minutes. This allows you to start looking for your home while you organise the information that Bankwest needs.
If you are looking to apply for a home loan with Bankwest then one of the most convenient ways to do so will be to fill out an online application.
If you prefer the personal touch you may want to apply for a Bankwest home loan in person at a branch. If Bring your two latest payslips and a group certificate or a tax return, as well as proof of identification.
Apply over the phone
When you call Bankwest you will be able to talk to a staff member who will walk you through the application process.