Bank of China Home Loans
With over 10,000 branches located all over the world, Bank of China can help Australians with business interests overseas and home loan options.
Bank of China (BOC) operates out of nine branches in Australia to offer useful banking products for both business and personal needs. There are a number of home loan products to consider that can help an Australian fulfil their goal of home ownership.
Who is BOC?
BOC was founded in 1912, and is now one of the oldest banks in China. Not only do they provide international commerce services like trade financing and letters of credit, they are also able to provide a secure means of transferring money from Australia to China.
At the local level they provide banking services including deposit accounts, debit cards and home loans. They have offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Perth and Brisbane where you can discuss your financial needs and complete your applications.
Compare Bank of China home loans
Home loans provided by BOC
Discount Home Loan Pack 03
The discount home loan from BOC is a variable rate home loan product that allows for loans of over $100,000. You are able to borrow up to 90% of the value of the property assuming that certain conditions are met. Interest only repayments are also available for up to the first five years of your loan.
There are no monthly fees payable with this loan, but you will be charged $190 per year.There is also no application charge or fee for the first valuation of the property. BOC also provides a redraw facility for free and does not charge an exit or early repayment fee if you are able to completely pay off the balance before the end of your loan terms.
Simple Home Loan Pack 03
With the Simple Home Loan you are not charged any fees annually or monthly. Plus, there's no fee for drawdowns, early repayments, redraws and early exits. There is a one time application fee of $350.
This is a variable rate home loan where you can borrow a minimum of $100,000, or 90% of the property’s value when certain conditions are met. Choose to make interest-only repayments for the first five years if you would like to have extra cash available to get settled in your new home.
Fixed Rate Home Loan
This loan allows you to lock in a fixed rate and have the security of regular repayment amounts for up to five years. If you opt for the rate lock, you have 90 days to complete the sale before the rate can change. BOC allows you to borrow up to 80% loan to value ratio (LVR) of the property or up to 90% LVR with lenders mortgage insurance (LMI).
With the fixed rate home loan there is no early repayment fee, but you will not be permitted to make a total of more than $10,000 in extra repayments per year.
Pros and cons of a Bank of China home loan
When comparing home loans the features offered can make a big difference in any savings. Before you commit yourself to one home loan provider and product, you will want to examine those features carefully:
- Fees. Not having to pay a monthly account maintenance fee can save you thousands of dollars over the life of the loan.
- Easy exit. With no penalty to worry about if you pay the loan off quickly, a borrower can save thousands in interest payments.
- Promotional rate. At the moment, BOC is offering a special discounted rate on interest charged on their home loan packages.
- Access to other services. If you have international interests, having a relationship with BOC can be helpful for sending money abroad and making overseas investments.
- Inconvenient. The only options you have with applying for a loan or any other product is to talk with a representative of the bank over the phone or at a branch.
- Offset facility. The home loans BOC offers do not include an offset account to help reduce the interest payable on your home loan.
How to apply for a BOC home loan
BOC does offer online banking services, but requires that you speak with someone in person for you home loan needs.
- Branches. There are a total of nine branches in Australia where you can go to inquire about the home loans BOC offers.
- Phone. You can also call BOC in Australia direct for more information.
- Lock in rate. If you are considering the fixed rate home loan, you will need to be able to provide the $700 to lock into the rate as it stands now.
Using the above comparison table you can decide which of the features work best for your circumstance. Once you decide on the right loan you can click on the secure link for more information on how to apply.
Documents needed to apply for a BOC home loan
BOC is going to need certain documentation from you first during the initial application, and then while the loan is being processed. The first documentation you will have to supply is in regards to your identity:
- 100 points of identification. To gain the 100 points needed to apply for a home loan, you are going to have to provide a photo identification document. This could be your valid driver’s licence or passport.
- Additional information. In some cases further proof may be required, such as copies of current utility bills in your name.
As the application process proceeds, BOC is going to ask for documentation regarding the property you wish to purchase. This will include:
- Sales contract. The sales contract includes important information about the property you are purchasing and the cost.
- Certificate of title. To prevent fraud the BOC will want a copy of the property’s current title showing the name of the seller.
- Transfer of land. This is a document used to show that the property owner has been changed to your name.
Your personal finances are also very important to the BOC, who will ask for certain documentation to determine if you are able to take on the financial commitment of a home loan:
- Assets. You will have to provide a list of all of the assets you own which are of value. This includes things like your automobile, a boat, property and savings accounts.
- Income. The amount of money you earn is very important to a lender. In addition to income from employment, don’t forget to include income from investments.
- Liabilities. Your liabilities are all of your financial responsibilities. This includes credit card debt, personal loans, school loans and car loans.
Home Loan OffersImportant Information*
Take advantage of a low-fee mortgage with a special interest rate of just 3.09% p.a. and a 3.09% p.a. comparison rate.
Ask an Expert