endeavour-energy-featured

Endeavour Energy: Electricity provider for NSW residents

Do you want more of a say in how your power is supplied? You can make your voice heard by contributing to Endeavour Energy’s new five-year plan.

  • What utilities does Endeavour Energy offer?
  • Electricity
  • Who can sign up with Endeavour Energy?
  • New South Wales residents in Greater Western Sydney, Blue Mountains, Southern Highlands, Illawarra and South Coast.
About Endeavour Energy

Endeavour Energy provides electricity to over 2.4 million Australians as one of three electricity distributors in New South Wales. They offer electricity services to residences and businesses across New South Wales, including sections of the Bankstown, Blue Mountains, Wollongong, Parramatta and Penrith councils.

The company has been in operation since 1995 as Integral Energy, until it rebranded as Endeavour Energy in March 2011. The NSW government owns 49.6% of the company and helps regulate safety and reliability. The other 50.4% of Endeavour Energy was leased out to Advance Energy in 2017 for a period of 99 years.

The company maintains approximately 416,000 power poles in a network area of more than 24,000 square kilometres. In 2018, Endeavour Energy proposed a new five-year plan for 2019 to 2024. The company strongly encourages customers to read it, give feedback and help contribute to the future of Endeavour Energy.


What packages do Endeavour Energy offer?

Endeavour Energy does not offer any electricity plans. Instead, you pay for the energy you use based on the prices set by the company. The Australian Energy Regulator regulates all prices, which vary based on location and individual circumstances. For more details on Endeavour Energy’s pricing, check out the Network Price List on their website. If you have any questions about prices in your area, Endeavour Energy customer support is available during business hours at 133 718 or via email.

Pros and cons for Endeavour Energy

Pros
  • Solar options. You can connect a solar panel or generator to the Endeavour Energy network by filling out an online application.
  • Emergency support hours. In the event of an emergency, you can contact Endeavour Energy 24/7 at 131 003.
  • Commitment to safety. Endeavour Energy has invested over 1 billion dollars in updating and maintaining its network, in part to protect against bushfires and other disasters. The Endeavour Energy website also provides resources to help you keep your home safe and stay informed about what to do during an emergency.
  • Customer feedback. Endeavour Energy encourages customers to give feedback and contribute to the direction of the company on the “Have Your Say” section of its website.
  • Community involvement. Endeavour Energy supports the Power Quality and Reliability Centre at the University of Wollongong to help train new engineers.
Cons
  • Limited availability. Endeavour Energy services are only available in specific regions of New South Wales, not including Sydney CBD or Eastern Sydney.
  • No gas plans. Endeavour Energy does not offer any gas services.
  • Not green accredited. While Endeavour Energy promises to improve its environmental impact, the company uses pesticides to control weeds and pests surrounding its power poles.
  • Connections costs. You may be liable for costs incurred to connect your property to the Endeavour Energy network. Costs will vary based on location and connection.
  • Electricity rates are not easy to calculate. No electricity plans means it can be difficult to know exactly how much you’ll be paying for electricity with Endeavour Energy before you apply.

How do I switch to Endeavour Energy?

To find out more about connecting your home or business to the Endeavour Energy network, head over to their website and fill out an online application.

Was this content helpful to you? No  Yes

Related Posts

More energy guides

Ask a question
Go to site