We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Quick facts about Endeavour Energy
- Endeavour Energy is an electricity distributor, which means it doesn't sell energy direct to households.
- Endeavour supplies power to over 2.4 million people in New South Wales.
- If you're looking for an energy provider, check out our guide to electricity and gas retailers in NSW.
Endeavour Energy electricity generation
Endeavour Energy is one of three electricity distributors in New South Wales. Though it doesn't retail electricity, it supplies electricity to over 2.4 million Australians across Greater Western Sydney, Blue Mountains, Southern Highlands, Illawarra and South Coast.
The company has been in operation since 1995 as Integral Energy, until it rebranded as Endeavour Energy in March 2011. The NSW government owns 49.6% of the company and helps regulate safety and reliability. The company maintains approximately 416,000 power poles in a network area of more than 24,000 square kilometres.
In 2018, Endeavour Energy proposed a new five-year plan for 2019 to 2024. The company strongly encourages customers to give feedback on it and help contribute to the future of their power supply. The Endeavour website also provides resources to help customers stay informed about what to do during an emergency.
|State||⚡ Electricity||♨️ Gas|
Endeavour Energy trains its staff to recognise and respond to potential pollution incidents that may harm the environment. However, it does allow its contractors to use pesticides to control weeds and pests around power poles and equipment. It claims that most of the pesticides used pose a low risk to the public, but does also admit to using stronger pesticides as well. All pesticides used are still in compliance with relevant legislation.
Endeavour also runs a vegetation maintenance program with trained horticulturalists, arborists and tree trimmers to ensure its electricity supply is reliable and safe. When removing or trimming trees could impact cultural heritage sites, historic structures or memorial gardens, Endeavour aims to find alternative options.
Endeavour Energy app for power outages
The Endeavour Energy outage app is designed to both provide you with useful information during power outages. With this app, you can:
- Set your home suburb and get info about power interruptions and how long they're likely to last.
- Scan for interruptions in the Endeavour Energy power network.
- Get advice on what to do when you don't have power.
- Report broken street lights.
- Access emergency and general telephone numbers and websites for Endeavour.
Endeavour Energy connections info
If you're looking to get your property connected to Endeavour Energy's power grid, you can do so online. This allows you to:
- Get a new permanent connection, upgrade an existing connection, or acquire a temporary builder's supply so long as your land is zoned as urban by the local council, and your connection isn't over 100 amperes 230 volts (single phase) or 63 amperes 400 volts (three phase).
- Connect a solar system if your total inverter capacity is less than 5kW for a single phase connection or 30kW for a three phase connection.
How do I contact Endeavour Energy?
|General enquiries||133 718|
|Endeavour Energy, PO Box 811, Seven Hills NSW 1730|
More guides on Finder
Energex network and service information
Have an issue with your power supply? Find how to reach Energex's support team.
AGL business review November
Make your business environmentally friendly with one of AGL’s carbon neutral energy plans.
Electricity Distributors by State
Find out who your electricity distributor is.
Victorian Electricity Distributors
Find out who your electricity distributor is in Victoria.
NSW Electricity Distributors
Find out who your electricity distributor is in New South Wales.
Solar panel quotes Sydney
What you need to know to get started with solar energy in Sydney.
Electric car ownership guide
Find out how to switch from a fossil-fuel guzzler to an electric car.
2020 Hyundai IONIQ Electric review
If you want a thoroughly practical electric car, the Hyundai IONIQ Electric is one of the most affordable and usable battery-powered models.
Energy Plans for Seniors
Find out what energy providers offer special plans for seniors. Find out what rebates and concessions are available.
Best electricity plans for solar owners
Compare feed-in tariffs and more to find a good value plan.
Lower your household bills
Compare internet from over 50 providers in our broadband engine.
Check out our select picks of the best plans available.
Mobile broadband is fast becoming a viable alternative to fixed line.