Get started in the property market with a two-year introductory interest rate discount and no ongoing fees on the CUA Kick Start Variable Home Loan.
The Kick Start Home Loan is no longer offered by CUA
This product is no longer offered by CUA. This page is only to be used for informational purposes.
If you’re searching for a loan with all the features you need to get started as a property investor, the CUA Kick Start Variable Home Loan for investors is definitely worth a look. Available with a competitive interest rate discount for a period of two years, this loan is designed to help you reach your goals sooner. There are no ongoing fees that eat into your repayments, and the flexibility to make additional repayments whenever you want helps you pay down your debt as quickly as possible.
Things to consider about the CUA Kick Start Variable Home Loan
The CUA Kick Start Variable Home Loan is available for loans over $350,000. Also available to borrowers looking to refinance, the loan features a discounted variable interest rate for the first two years after you borrow funds. Once this two-year period ends, the rate reverts to the CUA Fresh Start Basic Variable Home Loan investor rate.
Features of the CUA Kick Start Variable Home Loan
The CUA Kick Start Variable Home Loan offers the following features to borrowers:
- Loan amount. The CUA Kick Start Variable Home Loan is available for loans of over $350,000.
- Maximum LVR. The maximum loan to valuation ratio (LVR) of this mortgage is 90%. However, remember that if you borrow more than 80% LVR you will be required to pay for lender’s mortgage insurance (LMI). Include the cost of premiums in your mortgage calculations if you have a high-LVR loan.
- Introductory rate. The CUA Kick Start Variable Home Loan features a discounted variable rate for the first two years. Once those two years are up, the loan reverts to the CUA Fresh Start Basic Variable Home Loan rate.
- Flexible repayment schedule. You can choose to make repayments towards the CUA Kick Start Variable Home Loan either weekly, fortnightly or monthly, whichever option best suits your budget and income.
- Extra repayments allowed. TheCUA Kick Start Variable Home Loan allows you to make additional repayments towards your debt at any time. This allows you to pay off your loan sooner and take charge of your property portfolio.
There are no ongoing account keeping fees for this loan but below are some of the fees you will be charged:
- Establishment fee: $600. This fee covers the administrative costs associated with setting up your loan.
- Security administration fee: $195. This fee covers the cost of setting up your property as security for the loan.
How to apply for the CUA Kick Start Variable Home Loan
If you’re ready to get started as a property investor and you think the CUA Kick Start Variable Home Loan could be the right loan for you, click one of the “Apply Now” links on this page. You will be securely redirected to the CUA website where you can begin the application process. In order to be eligible for this loan you will need to be:
- At least 18 years of age; and
- A permanent Australian resident.
If you’d like to find out more about the CUA Kick Start Variable Home Loan, you can fill out an online enquiry form to get in touch with a CUA lending expert. After providing information about your borrowing requirements, desired loan amount and current financial situation, you will be contacted by a CUA representative to discuss your borrowing options.
If you decide to apply for the CUA Kick Start Variable Home Loan, you will need to provide a range of details to help the lender determine your borrowing power. These include:
- Your income and employment details. The lender will require proof of your employment and income, for example bank statements and recent pay slips.
- Information about your assets and liabilities. You will need to provide details of any assets you own, for example shares and real estate, as well as any liabilities such as outstanding credit card debt,
- Details of the property you want to purchase. Finally, the lender will require details of the property you plan to purchase with the loan amount.
Compare the CUA Kick Start Variable Home Loan with other investment loans at finder.com.au to find the right mortgage for your borrowing requirements.