The CUA Fixed Rate Home Loan offers a range of features with a competitive rate
A fixed rate home loan means you can relax knowing your repayments won’t change for the length of the fixed term. This fixed home loan doesn’t charge you any account-keeping fees.
What’s more, you have the option to make up to $5,000 in extra repayments, and loans taken for investment purposes have the option of interest-only repayments. If you also hold a CUA savings account, you can qualify for free extra transactions.
CUA investor loans.
CUA have recently relaxed their restrictions on investor lending for new customers. It is now possible to apply for an investment loan without taking out an owner-occupier loan as well. Other restrictions and conditions still apply.
|Product Name||CUA Fixed Rate Home Loan|
|Interest Rate Type||Fixed|
|Comp Rate^ (p.a.)|
|Minimum Loan Amount||$10,000|
|Maximum Loan Amount||$5,000,000|
|Minimum Loan Term||1 year|
|Maximum Loan Term||30 years|
|Maximum Insured LVR||95%|
|Mortgage Offset Account||No|
|Mortgage 100% Offset||No|
|Loan Redraw Facility||Yes|
|Fixed Interest Option||Yes|
|Suitable for Investment||Yes|
|Available as equity loan/line of credit||No|
|Repayment Type||Principal & Interest and Interest Only Options|
|Lender's Legal Fee||$0|
|Ongoing Fees||$0 p.a.|
- $0 monthly fees
- $0 valuation fees
- Interest only options
- Can only make $5,000 additional repayments during the fixed term
- $600 establishment fee
Details to consider about the CUA Fixed Rate Home Loan.
This secured home loan is available for owner-occupied purchases, for those looking to buy land and build a home. You can also benefit from one free property valuation with this loan. Your loan will revert to the Standard Variable Home Loan at the end of the fixed rate term..
Features of the CUA Fixed Rate Home Loan
- Loan amount. You can borrow any amount between $10,000 and $5,000,000. How much you qualify to borrow depends on factors like your net income, the number of dependents you have and your debts and liabilities.
- Loan term. You can choose from a one, two, three or five-year fixed rate term. At the end of this period, the loan reverts to the CUA Standard Variable Rate Home Loan.
- Maximum LVR. The maximum LVR without having to pay lenders mortgage insurance stands at 80%, and this increases to 95% if you opt to pay for lenders mortgage insurance. This applies to loans with principal and interest repayments.
- Extra repayments. This loan allows you to make $5,000 extra repayments during the fixed term.
- Interest-only options. You can select interest-only repayments for the length of the fixed term with this loan.
- Repayments. This home loan offers repayment flexibility, allowing you to make weekly, fortnightly or monthly repayments.
There are no ongoing account keeping fees with this loan, below are some of the fees you may be charged with this loan:
- Establishment fee: $600. This fee covers many of the upfront costs associated with this loan.
- Discharge fee: $500. This fee covers the administrative costs associated with preparing loan discharge documents, and can be avoided by not exiting the loan early.
- Early payout fee: If you break your fixed rate loan before your fixed term ends you are liable to pay an early payout fee. This fee can range from $0 to many thousands of dollars.
- Legal fees: These fees vary from one applicant to the next.
- Security administration fee: $195. This upfront fee covers the cost of setting up your property as security for the loan.
How to apply for the CUA Fixed Rate Home Loan
Click on ‘Go to Site’ to start the application process. Alternatively, you can also apply for this CUA Fixed Rate Home Loan over the phone or by visiting a CUA branch. To apply for this loan you have to meet certain eligibility criteria, which includes the following:
- You should be over 18 years of age
- You should have a regular source of income
- You should be a resident of Australia
As part of the application process you have to supply the following information:
- Details of earnings
- Records of savings
- Details of assets, debts and liabilities
- A copy of the signed sale contract
- A copy of the receipt you receive upon paying the deposit
If you’re looking for a no-frills fixed rate home loan that doesn’t attract any ongoing monthly or annual fees and offers a competitive interest rate, this loan is worth considering. However, don’t forget to compare it with other options before you make your decision.