When you’re a student, finding a convenient and affordable way to manage your money is one of life’s great challenges. Every dollar counts and you need to take every possible step to ensure that your money goes as far as possible. As part of its Student Banking Package, Bank First provides a wide range of special offers to students to help them manage their day-to-day finances.
As well as fee-free transactional banking and no ongoing fees, students can also access discounts and offers across a wide range of financial products, including savings on everything from credit cards to personal loans. The Student Banking Package is available across a wide range of the bank’s transaction, savings and investment accounts.
What are the features of the Bank First Student Banking Package?
Choice of accounts
The Student Banking Package (and all the discounts it includes) is available on a number of Bank First transaction and savings accounts, including the following:
- Transaction accounts. You can open an Everyday Account or a Budget Account, both of which provide convenient and affordable access to your funds.
- Savings accounts. Options include the Bank First Online Saver, Bonus Saver, Christmas Club and First Home Bonus Saver Account.
- Investment accounts. The Student Banking Package is also available with a Bank First Term Deposit or Cash Management Account.
Fee-free transactional banking
Students who open one of the above accounts with Bank First do not have to pay any transaction fees. This means you can use your Visa debit card, conduct online and mobile banking transactions, deposit funds and make BPAY payments without incurring any fees.
No ongoing fees
As part of the Student Banking Package, you will not have to pay any ongoing monthly fees on your account.
The Student Banking Package also entitles you to the following discounts and special offers:
- Credit card. Enjoy 0% p.a. interest on a Bank First Visa Classic Credit Card.
- Car financing. You can get financing for up to 100% of the purchase price for your next set of wheels.
- Personal loans. Pay no establishment fees when you apply for a personal loan with the bank.
- Insurance. The Student Banking Package includes premium discounts on a range of policies with CGU.
- Health insurance. You can get a discount of up to 7.5% on health insurance with Australian Unity.
- Financial planning. Student banking customers are also eligible for a free financial planning consultation to help plan your financial future.
- No ongoing fees
- Pay no establishment fees
- Eligible for a free financial planning consultation
- You must be a full-time university, TAFE, CAE, VCE student
What you’ll need to know before applying?
If the Student Banking Package sounds like it has all the features you’re looking for from a bank, click on one of the “Find out more” links on this page. You’ll be redirected to the Bank First website where you can read the full terms and conditions of the package and begin an application.
Eligibility to apply online
However, before you can apply for an account, make sure you meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Minimum age. You must be at least 18 years of age to open a Bank First Student Banking account.
- Residency requirements. You must be an Australian resident.
- Student requirements. You must be a full-time university, TAFE, CAE, VCE student or registered in a traineeship, apprenticeship or other registered course in order to qualify for this package.
Documentation for your online application
- Tax File Number. You can decide whether to provide your Tax File Number since it is not a mandatory requirement.
- Identification. You’ll need to provide proof of ID, for example a current passport or driver’s licence.
Once you have submitted your application, Bank First will assess it as soon as possible and contact you with details of your new account.
If you’re a student and you need an account that provides fee-free everyday banking, the Bank First Student Banking Package is worth checking out. See how it compares with other student bank accounts to find the right transaction account for your needs.