AMP Saver Account
Earn an ongoing bonus variable rate of 1.25% p.a. for each month you deposit at least $250.This account offers an ongoing total bonus variable rate of up to 1.25% per annum. The bonus interest rate applies for each month that you deposit at least $250 into your AMP Saver Account, which is easy to achieve if you have your pay deposited into the account. This bonus variable rate is available on balances up to $250,000.
Maximum variable rate
Base interest rate
Alison Banney is the banking and investments editor at Finder. She has written about finance for over six years with her work featured on sites including Yahoo Finance, Money Magazine and Dynamic Business.
Expert reviewThis account offers an ongoing total bonus variable rate of 1.25% per annum, which applies for each month you deposit at least $250 into your AMP Saver Account, with no monthly spend requirements to meet.
This is a competitive interest rate in today’s low-rate environment, and the account conditions are much easier to meet than others in the market. This bonus variable rate is available on balances up to $250,000.
Earn an ongoing bonus variable rate of 1.25% p.a.
This account offers an ongoing total bonus variable rate of 1.25% p.a. each month you deposit at least $250 into your AMP Saver Account, with no monthly spend requirements to meet. This bonus variable rate is available on balances up to $250,000.
Interest calculation and payments
Standard interest will be calculated on the balance daily and paid into the account monthly. If you're eligible for a bonus rate in a calendar month, you'll earn the bonus interest during the following month on top of your standard variable rate, and it will be paid the month after that.
No minimum deposit
You are not required to make a minimum deposit when opening this account.
No minimum ongoing balance
There is no minimum balance in order to earn standard interest or avoid fees
No monthly keeping fees
AMP Bank does not charge a monthly account keeping fee for the Saver Account.
Manage your account online
You can manage your account easily and conveniently via online banking.
This is an account meant solely for personal use. Business owners should consider the AMP Business Saver Account for keeping extra capital in a safe place.
Access to AMP expertise
AMP is a wealth management company that is able to provide expert advice to customers on how best to manage their savings in order to increase personal wealth.
How to apply
You should check the eligibility requirements first in order to ensure that you will qualify for this savings product:
- Minimum age. To apply online for this account, you must be aged 18 or older.
- Residency requirements. You must be an Australian citizen or resident that is able to provide proof of being in Australia when the account is opened.
- Tax file number. While providing your tax file number (TFN) or exemption code is not mandatory, it will prevent AMP from having to deduct taxes at the highest marginal rate.
In order to be able to complete the application quickly and correctly you will need to have the following documentation:
- Identification. AMP is required by law to verify your identity before issuing you an account. This is usually done by using a photo identification document such as a passport or driver's licence.
- Account information. Existing AMP customers will have to provide their current account number. You will also have to provide the details of an account that you wish this one to be linked to.
What happens after I submit my application?
If you choose to have AMP send you the forms needed to verify your identity you will need to wait approximately 3 business days for them to be posted. Once AMP has received those details regarding your identity, the account will be activated and details sent to you within 2 business days.