No matter your budget, consider Kango travel insurance for your next overseas trip.
Focusing on overseas travel insurance packages, Kango offers up to five levels of coverage depending upon your budget and coverage needs. You can also find cover for activities such as heli-skiing, bungee jumping and abseiling with their sports and activities package; something that you will be hard-pressed to find with many other travel insurance brands.
Who Underwrites Kango Travel Insurance?
Who is Kango Travel Insurance?
Kango Travel Insurance is an online travel insurance provider that allows you to choose a policy from the comfort of your home.
Kango’s insurance portfolio is structured into five different categories. These are the Joey, Rock Wallaby, Wallaby, Eastern Grey and Big Red policies. These policies all can be had on an individual, Duo or family basis, giving consumers a highly customisable insurance choice process. The higher the level of coverage you choose, the more features your policy will come with.
A Joey policy will provide you with emergency medical and hospital coverage, overseas dental coverage as well as personal liability coverage. Conversely, a Big Red policy will provide you with the full array of features offered by Kango Travel Insurance. On top of the features offered in the Joey policy, a Big Red policy will include coverage such as additional accommodation, return airfare, theft, rental, legal expenses, cancellation, disability, accidental death, hospital allowance and delay expenses.
Why should I consider Kango?
- A wide array of product options. You have the ability to choose from five levels of coverage and customise those policies to cover a number of people.
- A range of benefits. Kango Travel Insurance provides coverage for things such as medical expenses, additional accommodation expenses, personal money, loss, theft or delay of luggage or personal effects, hijacking or kidnapping, legal expenses, personal liability, dental expenses, accidental death, permanent disability, return airfare, rental vehicles, family emergencies, travel delay and more.
- Affordable coverage. Kango prides itself on providing coverage options for every financial level. If you want coverage without having to pay for features you do not want, Kango has a policy for you. If you are a person who wants to spend the extra money for a more comprehensive policy, you are also in luck.
- Claims support. Many claims can be resolved without a form. Simply contact the Kango claims department when you are back in Australia to receive help on filing a claim.
- Refundable policies. You can return any policy taken out with Kango within 14 days of purchase as long as you have not embarked upon your journey and want to make a claim. You can still cancel your policy after this period, but your premium will not be refunded.
What are my policy choices?
There are many coverage options available from Kango travel insurance. Here is what you can expect from each policy:
The Joey policy provides you with overseas emergency medical and hospital expenses coverage as well basic dental expenses coverage and personal liability coverage. This package is for the cost conscious insurance customer who wants a basic level of coverage.
The Rock Wallaby policy offers everything that the Joey policy offers as well as luggage and personal effects coverage and cancellation and lost deposits coverage. Also, the level of personal liability coverage is higher under this policy.
The Wallaby policy offers the same coverage options as the Rock Wallaby policy as well as personal money coverage. It also includes increased luggage and personal effects coverage, increased cancellation and lost deposits coverage and increased personal liability coverage.
The Eastern Grey policy comes with all of the policy coverage of the preceding policies plus additional accommodation expense, family emergency expenses, return airfare, hospital cash allowance, travel delay, rental vehicle and legal expense coverage. The luggage and personal effects, dental and personal money coverage levels are increased as well in this tier.
The Big Red policy is the most comprehensive coverage option available to customers. It provides you with all of the coverage options of the preceding policies plus resumption of journey, accidental death, permanent disability, travel documents, credit cards and travellers cheques, luggage and personal effects delay expenses, hijack and kidnapping and travel services provider insolvency coverage. Again, this tier offers higher levels of coverage on many of the features of the previous cover options.
All of these policies can be taken out as a single, duo or family package. Also, you can take out a policy with Kango for an individual trip, or receive a year’s worth of coverage that can be used on trips up to 35 or 60 days depending upon the annual package you choose.
Kango also offers a Winter Sports Cover package and a Business Cover package. These packages are tailor-made for potential policyholders who are planning on travelling for sporting or business purposes respectively.
Kango does not offer domestic-only insurance packages, and instead has chosen to focus its efforts on providing top-notch overseas cover options. Your policy with Kango will provide cover under some sections if you are travelling in Australia.
What does Kango travel insurance cover?
Kango covers you for a wide range of potential issues while you're travelling. Here are some of the benefits on offer (these may vary depending on the policy you choose; as always, make sure you read the fine print before buying a policy to check what you're covered for!)
- Overseas emergency medical and hospital expenses coverage
- Additional accommodation and travel expenses coverage
- Family emergency coverage for return trips to Australia
- Return airfare to Australia for medical purposes
- Resumption of journey in case of interruption
- Hospital cash allowance for extended stays
- Accidental death coverage
- Permanent disability coverage
- Travel documents, credit cards and travellers' cheques coverage
- Luggage and personal effects coverage
- Luggage and personal effects delay expenses coverage
- Cancellation fees and lost deposits coverage
- Travel delay expenses coverage
- Hijacking and kidnapping coverage
- Rental vehicle excess coverage
- Personal liability coverage
- Legal expenses coverage
- Travel services provider insolvency coverage
- Winter sports equipment coverage (Winter Sports Cover package)
- Winter sports equipment hire (Winter Sports Cover package)
- Ski pack cover (Winter Sports Cover package)
- Life pass coverage (Winter Sports Cover package)
- Piste Closure coverage (Winter Sports Cover package)
- Avalanche cover (Winter Sports Cover package)
- Business equipment coverage (Business Cover package)
- Emergency courier expenses coverage (Business Cover package)
- Business equipment hire coverage (Business Cover package)
- Business money coverage (Business Cover package)
- Replacement staff cost coverage (Business Cover package)