Teachers Mutual Bank Classic Home Loan
With a competitive rate and useful features, the Teachers Mutual Bank Classic Home Loan is worth comparing.
Richard Whitten is a money editor at Finder, and has been covering home loans, property and personal finance for 6+ years. He has written for Yahoo Finance, Money Magazine and Homely; and has appeared on various radio shows nationwide. He holds a Certificate IV in mortgage broking and finance (RG 206) and a Tier 1 Generic Knowledge certification (RG 146).
The Teachers Mutual Bank Classic Home Loan also comes with a repayment pause option if you’re unable to meet your periodic repayments due to a lifestyle change.
About this loan
What are the features and benefits of the Teachers Mutual Bank Classic Home Loan?
- Loan amount. You can borrow between $250,000 and N/A with this loan.
- Maximum LVR. With the Teachers Mutual Bank Classic Home Loan, you can borrow up to 80% LVR (including lenders mortgage insurance and/or mortgage repayment insurance).
- Loan purpose. This loan is available to owner-occupiers for a new purchase or an external refinance.
- Redraw facility. A fee-free redraw facility allows you to access additional repayments you've made. There is no minimum redraw amount.
- Repayment pause. If you experience a change in your situation or you find it difficult to meet your mortgage commitments, this loan comes with a repayment pause option that gives you flexibility in your budget and cash flow.
- Repayment type. With this loan, you can make principal and interest repayments only.
- Accessibility. You can access your account 24/7 via internet, mobile and phone banking, which is convenient for when you're on the go.
What fees and charges come with this loan?
- Ongoing fees: $0. No ongoing monthly fees mean you can focus on repaying your home loan.
- Establishment fee: $600. This fee covers the administration cost of setting up your mortgage documents.
- Settlement advance fee: $0. The settlement advance fee covers processing costs for the settlement of your home loan.
- Valuation and administration fee: $250. This fee is charged for any additional valuation or administration required.
How to apply
If you'd like to apply for the Teachers Mutual Bank Classic Home Loan, click on the "Go to site" link to be redirected to the Teachers Mutual Bank website. Here, you can enquire with a Teachers Mutual Bank representative to discuss your eligibility for the loan.
During the application process, you'll need to provide the following:
- Personal details. You'll need to provide your name, date of birth and current residential address.
- Loan purpose. You'll need to confirm the loan amount and purpose.
- Income. Teachers Mutual Bank will need information about your employment and income to determine your serviceability potential.
- Expenses. During the application process, you'll need to provide information regarding your living expenses and any debt that you may have such as personal loans or credit cards.
- Property details. Teachers Mutual Bank will need details of the property you want to buy.
The Teachers Mutual Bank Classic Home Loan is a competitive home loan that keeps things simple. Suitable for owner-occupiers borrowing amounts greater than $150,000, this loan comes with useful features, including a free redraw facility and a payment pause option for distressed borrowers.
Before you apply for this loan, compare a range of home loans on the market to make sure it's a good fit for you.