Use the 100% offset account attached to this loan to help you pay off your home loan sooner
A fully featured home loan like the State Custodians Standard Variable Home Loan will see you get a 100% offset account, unlimited extra repayments and a free redraw facility to help you pay your home loan off sooner.
|Product Name||State Custodians Standard Variable Spring Special|
|Interest Rate Type||Variable|
|Comp Rate^ (p.a.)|
|Minimum Loan Amount||$100,000|
|Maximum Loan Amount||$1,500,000|
|Minimum Loan Term||1 year|
|Maximum Loan Term||30 years|
|Mortgage Offset Account||Yes|
|Mortgage 100% Offset||Yes|
|Loan Redraw Facility||Yes|
|Split Loan Facility||Yes|
|Fixed Interest Option||Yes|
|Suitable for Investment||Yes|
|Available as equity loan/line of credit||Yes|
|Repayment Type||Principal & Interest and Interest Only Options|
|Lender's Legal Fee||$0|
|Ongoing Fees||$299 p.a.|
- No application fee and legal fee.
- 100% offset account
- Redraw facility
- Annual fee of $299
- Valuation fee of $275
- A $300 discharge fee when closing the home loan accounts.
What should you consider about the State Custodians Standard Variable Spring Special loan?
This home loan is ideal for owner occupiers and first home buyers whether they are purchasing property or refinancing from another lender. You're also able to use this loan for personal or for investment use.
Pre-approval is also available, helping you to step into the market with confidence about how much you can borrow. Please be mindful that this loan is not suitable for construction purposes.
What are the features of the Standard Variable Spring Special Home Loan?
- Fee free 100% offset account. You are able to link a 100% offset account to your mortgage, allowing you to deposit money into it and save on interest. Access the funds at any time with a debit MasterCard that lets you use it anywhere the MasterCard logo is displayed.
- Loan term. This loan has a maximum term of 30 years, so it can be used for a variety of long term investment strategies.
- Loan size. You can borrow from a minimum of $100,000 to a maximum of $1,500,000 to help suit a large range of properties at different price points. State Custodians are willing to accept amounts up to $2.5 million assessed on a case by case basis.
- Loan-to-Value Ratio (LVR). You can borrow up to 90% of the security property's price, which means if you only have a 5% deposit you can still qualify for this loan and get into a property sooner. However, be mindful that higher interest rates will apply for LVRs above , plus you'll need to pay Lender's Mortgage Insurance (LMI) that you can capitalise on your principal amount. For refinancing and debt consolidation, the maximum LVR is 90%.
- Interest-only option. You can make principal and interest repayments or interest-only repayments, which can make it a good choice for investors looking to maximise tax benefits. Be aware that there's a 10 year maximum limit on the interest-only option.
- Repayment methods. You can make repayments in any manner which suits you, from direct debit, phone banking from the offset or external bank account and salary credit or manual bank transfers.
- Redraw facility. The extra amounts you've paid on your loan or funds in your offset account are easily accessed online, via BPAY (may take 2-3 days to clear) and a linked Debit MasterCard.
- National Rental Affordability Scheme (NRAS) approved. Offered to borrowers who are eligible under the partnership with the Australian Government and its states and territories to invest in affordable rental housing.
Fees and charges
Fees you can avoid
- Application fee, $0. This fee covers the cost of preparing the loan application along with its supporting documents.
- Portability fee, $499 excluding LMI. This fee will only be charged if you move your home loan to another property.
- Early exit fee, $0. Should you exit your loan early before the loan term stated on your contract, no fee will be charged.
Fees you can't avoid
- Annual fee, $299. This fee is charged on an annual basis to cover the cost of maintaining your account.
- Title discharge fee, $300 plus third party legal fees. When you've paid off the loan and the title is returned to your name, this fee will apply. Your personal conveyancer or solicitor may add additional fees to this.
- Property valuation fee, $275 per valuation. As part of the home loan application process, State Custodians will need to send a valuer to the property to assess it's value.
Use our calculator to find out what your repayments will be
How to find out more information about the State Custodians Standard Variable Home Loan or apply
If you think this is the right loan for you and you're ready to apply, please click on 'Go to Site' to get your application started. You'll be taken to State Custodian's website, where you can start a pre-approval application or just find out more.
Are you eligible? Check the criteria below:
- At least 18 years old
- A resident or a non-resident
- Have a good credit standing, though if you have a few defaults a State Custodians specialist can still offer some options
- Employed and have been in the same job for at least 3-6 months. However, if you've been in the same industry for two years, this can be shorter.
- Casually employed (but you must have been with the same employer for a period of at least 12 months and receive regular shifts)
How long will your application take to process?
The minimum time for a loan application is one week, though this depends on some factors:
- How soon you can provide the documentation
- How soon a valuer can access the property
What documents do you need to supply in order to apply?
- Personal details - full name, address, marital status and residency status
- Employment details - whether you are PAYG or self employed and annual income
- Loan details - product name, borrowing situation and security property details
- Financial details - your assets, liabilities and equity