Enjoy a competitive rate when accessing your equity
Using the equity in your home, you can pay for investments, assets and other lifestyle improvements with the St.George Portfolio Home Equity Loan Advantage Package. In addition to allowing you to purchase your investments, this loan allows you to manage all these separate investments under one account.
The St.George Portfolio Home Equity Loan Advantage Package is a package equity loan. It allows you to borrow funds using the equity built up in your home. It should be noted that the Advantage Package offers a discount on your interest rate along with waivers on a range of fees. In return for this you'll pay an annual fee of $395.
Things to consider about this home loan
|Product Name||St.George Portfolio Home Loan With Advantage Package|
|Interest Rate Type||Variable|
|Comp Rate^ (p.a.)|
|Minimum Loan Amount||$100,000|
|Maximum Loan Amount||$15,000,000|
|Minimum Loan Term||1 year|
|Maximum Loan Term||30 years|
|Maximum Insured LVR||90%|
|Mortgage Offset Account||No|
|Mortgage 100% Offset||No|
|Loan Redraw Facility||Yes|
|Split Loan Facility||Yes|
|Fixed Interest Option||Yes|
|Suitable for Investment||Yes|
|Available as equity loan/line of credit||Yes|
|Repayment Type||Principal & Interest and Interest Only Options|
|Lender's Legal Fee||$0|
|Ongoing Fees||$395 p.a.|
- There is $0 application fee to pay
- You can create sub-accounts to separate your personal funds from your business or investment funds
- You receive discounts off the advertised variable rates for choosing the Advantage package
- There is a settlement fee of $100
- A $395 annual fee applies
- A discharge fee of $350 applies when you close your home loan account
Features of the St.George Portfolio Home Equity Loan Advantage Package
Using the St.George Portfolio Home Equity Loan Advantage Package you can borrow up to 90% of your home’s value to help fund your investments. The main features of the St.George Portfolio Home Equity Loan Advantage Package are:
- Have up to 10 different sub-accounts for all the investments you purchase. If you buy more than one investment you can place each investment into a sub-account. Each sub-account can be managed separately and can even have different ownership applied to it. This is handy if you have multiple investments with different investment partners. Each sub-account will also have separate statements issued for them which will allow each of your partners to receive their relevant account summaries.
- Choose your repayment frequency. St.George gives you a choice in how you pay the Portfolio Home Equity Loan off. You can choose between weekly, fortnightly or monthly repayments depending on your pay structure and your financial obligations. You may also want to pay your wage directly into the account to lower the interest which accumulates on the loan.
- The ability to borrow more. If you want to purchase further investments in the future or upgrade your original investments the Portfolio Home Equity Loan Advantage Package will allow you to do so.
- Special package offers. There are additional features available with the St.George Portfolio Home Equity Loan Advantage Package. The Advantage Package offers a range of special offers. You can get a discount or exemption on administration fees, establishment fees, credit card fees and monthly service fees. You can also receive special rates such as a 0.70% p.a discount on the variable interest rate and up to 0.15% p.a off the fixed interest rate. In addition you can also receive free transaction and credit accounts.
- You can choose to fix your interest rate. If you'd like to fix the interest rate on this loan you can request to do so. With the added flexibility of this option you can make sure that if interest rates reach a good low you can take advantage of the rates and set them in stone.
- Deposit protect bond option. By paying a deposit protect bond you'll not have to put the deposit money onto the loan. Instead, you can earn interest from the deposit money while paying off your loan. It also ensures that if the bond money is not paid off by settlement then St.George will pay it.
Fees you can avoid
- Establishment fee, $700. This fee is waived if you combine your home loan with the Advantage Package.
- Additional sub-account fee, $100 per account. This fee is charged if you decide to add a sub-account.
- Sub-account monthly fee, $14 per month. This fee is waived under the Advantage Package.
- Set up fees, $0. St.George also waives the loan administration fee, annual credit card fee, transaction account monthly fee and the monthly full offset fee.
Fees you can't avoid
- Annual fee, $395. This fee is charged for the yearly maintenance of your account. However, you get to package your home loan, selected credit card and a transaction account.
Calculate your repayments by filling in some of your details
How to apply for this home loan
The St.George Portfolio Home Equity Loan Advantage Package offers an easy way gain the money for new investments while providing an easy platform to manage them. No matter how many investments you have, the St.George Portfolio Home Equity Loan Advantage Package will allow you to have them all located under the one account.
- You need to be 18 years of age or older
- You intend to purchase a property in Australia or you want to refinance from another institution
- You receive a regular income from an Australian employer
- You don't have a history of bad credit (this includes bankruptcy, insolvency or missed payments)
If you don't miss these requirements, St.George encourages you to contact them directly to discuss your options.
- Personal details for the borrowers
- Details of any other loans you may have
- Details of the property you wish to purchase, if you know them
- If refinancing, details of your current loan
The whole application process takes about 10-15 minutes. You'll receive an instant response with estimated repayments based on the loan amount you request. A St.George consultant will then get in touch with you to guide you through the next step of the application.
Enquire about this home loan
St.George Portfolio Home Equity Loan Advantage Package Interest Rate History vs RBA Cash Rate Graph
Enquire about this home loan