Receive a competitive interest rate of 1.80% for the first 3 months on your first St.George Maxi Saver account. There are $0 account keeping fees and you can open one in just 3 minutes.
When applying for the Maxi Saver you'll automatically receive a linked St. George transaction account, no need to complete two applications! This transaction account comes packed with handy features including Cardless Cash and access to the mobile banking app.
What are the features of the St.George Maxi Saver?
When looking into savings accounts that will help you meet your goals, consider the following features and benefits that the St.George Maxi Saver has to offer.
Introductory bonus interest rate of 1.80% for the first 3 months
For customers who have never used the Maxi Saver account before, an additional 1.70% p.a. interest rate is added to the standard rate, applicable to the entire balance. This means your savings will receive an extra 1.80% p.a. interest rate for the first 3 months after your account has been opened. Once the 3 month period is over, the interest reverts back to 0.10% p.a.
Standard interest rate of 0.10% p.a. on your first Maxi Saver
The base interest rate for the Maxi Saver account is a variable 0.10% p.a.
How is my interest calculated?
The interest rate is calculated daily and paid monthly. The bonus interest rate only applies to the first St.George Maxi Saver you open. It is a variable interest rate, so will most likely move alongside the RBA cash rate.
Automatically linked to a St.George Everyday bank account
When opening a Maxi Saver account with St.George, a St.George transaction account will automatically be opened for you. This allows you to transfer your money in and out of your savings account when you need to. Don't worry, this is done in the one application!
$0 Monthly service fee
You will not be charged a monthly account service fee with the Maxi Saver. However, look out for monthly fees applied to the linked St.George bank account.
Other fees that may be charged
Online and phone transactions are free of charge, but you are going to incur a $2.50 fee if you need teller assistance when completing a transaction.
How do I access my account?
You will have to have your savings account linked with an everyday account from St.George. This allows you to move money into the transaction account and withdraw it from an ATM whenever you need to take money from your savings.
24/7 Online banking available
You can access your bank account on-the-go with Internet, mobile and phone banking. You'll be able to check your balance quickly with "Quick Balance" on the St.George app, as well as take advantage of fingerprint login.
This account is only available for personal use
The Maxi Saver is only intended for personal use. If you are representing a business or trust, you could consider the St.George Business Access Saver account.
- Introductory rate of 1.80% p.a. for first 3 months
- $0 Account keeping fees
- Unlimited electronic transactions
- Bonus interest applies to the entire balance
- Interest rate drops significantly to 0.10% p.a. after the introductory period
- Required to link to a St.George Everyday bank account
How do I apply for the St.George Maxi Saver?
If after you have completed your savings account comparisons, you find that this one gives you the benefits and features to meet your goals, you can click ‘Go to site’ to be directed to the secure application form.
Eligibility to apply online
Before filling out the online application, make sure that you are able to meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Your age. Applications will only be accepted from individuals who are at least 18 years of age.
- Your residency. You have to be an Australian resident with a verifiable Australian residential address for St.George to open an account in your name.
- Starting deposit. In order to open the Maxi Saver account, you will need to make an initial deposit of at least $0.
Documentation to apply online
Once you determine that you can meet these requirements, you are going to need about five minutes and the following documentation in order to completely fill out the online application:
- Identification documents. You will have to provide information from either your driver’s licence or passport in order for St.George to verify your identity electronically.
- Transaction account details. You will need to provide the account number for the St.George everyday account that you will be using to transfer funds in and out of your savings account with.
- Personal information. St.George will need to know your full name, date of birth and residential address.
What happens after I submit the application?
If your St.George everyday account is already in place and you have the information needed readily available, completing the application should take approximately five minutes.
After it has been submitted it should take no more than two business days for the account to be opened. You will be notified by email with the account details so that you may take full advantage of the bonus interest by starting to make deposits immediately.