Combine your credit card and transaction account with a fixed rate home loan and save money on fees.
When you opt for the Advantage Package with the Fixed Rate Home Loan from St.George, you can avoid having to pay a number of fees and get a special discount if your home loan is over $150,000.
These fee waivers only cover some of the fees associated with a home loan, and also apply to your St.George credit card and bank accounts. To qualify for the Advantage Package, you need to choose an eligible St.George home loan, credit card and transaction account.
Advantage Package discount for investors (2 year fixed loan)
The St.George Residential Investment Principal & Interest 2-year fixed loan (with Advantage Package Special Offer) comes with a 0.25% p.a. discount for new customers only. This discount includes the current 0.15% p.a. discount for Advantage Package fixed rate loans, which lasts for the fixed rate period. It comes with a $395 annual package fee and requires a minimum loan size of $100,000. The offer excludes Portfolio loans and customers switching from within the St.George banking group.
The offer is available for new loans only from 1 December 2017 and may be withdrawn at any time.
|Product Name||St.George Fixed Rate Advantage Package|
|Interest Rate Type||Fixed|
|Comp Rate^ (p.a.)|
|Minimum Loan Amount||$150,000|
|Maximum Loan Amount||$2,000,000|
|Minimum Loan Term||1 year|
|Maximum Loan Term||30 years|
|Maximum Insured LVR||95%|
|Mortgage Offset Account||Yes|
|Mortgage 100% Offset||No|
|Loan Redraw Facility||Yes|
|Split Loan Facility||Yes|
|Fixed Interest Option||Yes|
|Suitable for Investment||Yes|
|Available as equity loan/line of credit||No|
|Repayment Type||Principal & Interest and Interest Only Options|
|Lender's Legal Fee||$0|
|Ongoing Fees||$395 p.a.|
- $0 application fee
- Make additional payments during the fixed term without penalty
- Withdraw excess funds from your mortgage via the redraw facility
- There is a settlement fee of $100
- There is an annual fee of $395
- There is a $350 discharge fee when you close your home loan account
Things to consider about this product
The St.George Fixed Rate Home Loan with Advantage Package is an option to consider for both investors and owner occupants. It can also be used towards the purchase of vacant land.
St.George allows for fixed rate periods of up to five years, giving you the choice to lock in for a range of terms. You can also lock in your fixed rate for up to 90 days before the loan is settled to avoid losing out on a competitive rate in the time it takes your loan to settle.
As an investor, if you wish to make advanced interest payments, you could receive a discount of 0.15% p.a. off of the fixed interest rate. If you have that advanced payment deducted from a St.George transaction account, your discount will be increased to 0.20% p.a.
Features of the St.George Fixed Rate Home Loan with Advantage Package
There are a number of features of the fixed rate home loan package to consider when making a choice for your financing:
- Loan to value ratio (LVR). With Lender’s Mortgage Insurance (LMI) you can borrow up to 95% LVR. To avoid paying this premium, you would have to reduce the LVR to 80% by making a larger down payment.
- Loan terms. The fixed rate term is for one to five years at which point it will convert to a variable rate with terms of up to 30 years.
- Repayment frequency. Set up your loan terms to make weekly, fortnightly or monthly repayments when paying interest and principal.
- Repayment options. You can choose to make interest-only repayments, but these can only be made monthly. Additional repayments are also permitted for amounts of less than $10,000 each year.
- Offset account. There is a partial-interest offset account that can save you money on interest over the life of the loan.
- Redraw facility. Redraw of extra repayments is available for a maximum of $10,000 each year.
Fees you can avoid
- Loan establishment fee $0. Without the Advantage Package, loan establishment would cost $600.
- Monthly administration fees $0. The Fixed Rate Home Loan typically charges $10 a month, which is waived with the Advantage Package.
- Rate lock fee. If you take advantage of locking in a fixed interest rate before the loan is settled, you will be charged the higher of 0.15% of the loan amount or $500.
- Credit card and transaction account fees. The annual and monthly fees for the linked credit card and transaction account are waived. Other fees, such as ATM charges may still apply.
Fees you can’t avoid
- Annual fee $395. Charged to you each year until the terms of the home loan have been met.
- Settlement fee $100. This is charged to you at the time of settlement.
- Exit fee $350. This is payable upon completion of the home loan terms.
Find out what your repayments will be in a few seconds
How to apply for this home loan
If you would like to apply or find out more information about this home loan package, you can click on the secure links on this page to be taken to St.George’s enquiry page. You can request an obligation-free callback and you can apply straightaway if you wish.
The application will take around 15 minutes to complete, though first make sure that you are going to qualify for approval:
- Age. Applications can only be considered by individuals who are over the age of 18.
- Income. You will have to be able to show that you receive a regular income from an Australian employer.
- Property. The property to be purchased or refinanced must be in Australia.
- Credit history. Your application will not be accepted if you have a credit history that includes a bankruptcy or missed payments.
Keep in mind that if you don’t already have a transaction and credit card account with St.George Bank, you will need to apply for these products as well. If you would like to continue now to apply for a home loan with St.George, click on ‘apply now’ and be safely redirected to the online application center. Be prepared with the following information:
- Savings history. The last three months worth of savings accounts statements if you have these accounts in banks or financial institutions other than St.George.
- Salary. Your last two consecutive pay slips. Make sure that they detail your income and show year-to-date information for your gross and net pay.
- Contract of sale. This you will obtain from the seller and should detail the agreed upon price of the home or property.
Once you submit your home loan application online, a representative will be in touch with you to go over your forms and guide you to the next stage of the application process.
There is convenience to consider with a home loan package that includes multiple accounts in one banking institution. When comparing this loan with others offered by Australian banks, don’t forget to factor that convenience into your decision.
Enquire about this home loan