Rabobank Online Savings PremiumSaver
Be rewarded with bonus interest each month you grow your savings. A great incentive to save!
Need some more incentive to save? The Rabobank PremiumSaver rewards your good savings habits with bonus interest each month you grow your balance by $200. Plus, you'll pay no account keeping fees, meaning every dollar you save gets you closer to achieving your savings goal.
Maximum variable rate
Base interest rate
Bonus interest rate
Shirley Liu is Finder's global program manager. She was previously the publisher for banking and investments and has also written comparisons for energy, money transfers, Uber Eats and many other topics. Shirley has a Master of Commerce and a Bachelor of Media, Journalism and Communications from the University of New South Wales. She is passionate about helping people find the best deal for their needs.
The great thing about this account is you still receive the bonus interest for months where you need to dip into your savings.
$0 monthly account keeping fees
With the PremiumSaver you are not charged any monthly fees for maintaining the account.
Earn up to 1.45% interest on your balance
You can earn a competitive maximum variable rate of 1.45% on your balance each month you deposit at least $200. If you don't meet the deposit requirement, you'll earn the standard variable interest rate of 0.35%.
Monthly deposit requirements for bonus interest
If the closing balance on your account is at least $200 higher on the last business day of the month than it was on the first day of the month (excluding interest earned) you'll receive the bonus interest rate.
Link to your existing bank account
You can easily transfer funds to and from the Rabobank PremiumSaver account to any Australian transaction account, it just needs to be in the same name.
Internet and mobile banking
You can view and manage your account through internet and mobile banking. The Rabobank mobile app can be downloaded for free to the iOS or Android device of your choice.
Features to keep your money secure
Rabobank will send you a special security device that generates a unique number to use as a pass code every time you wish to log in to your account. The device is not needed for the app, as that is equipped with its own version. This feature makes it difficult for anyone to gain access to the account who does not know your pin number as well as how to login to your DigiPass for the pass code. The Australian Government Guarantee Scheme also insures up to $250,000 which means your money is protected or guaranteed should the bank collapses.
How to apply
If the features of the Rabobank PremiumSaver provide you with what you need to meet your savings goals, click "Go to Site" and be redirected to the secure application page. Check first to make sure that you are able to meet the eligibility requirements for this account:
- Minimum age. Applicants for this account must be at least 18 years of age.
- Residency requirements. Only Australian residents and citizens can apply for the PremiumSaver.
- Depository requirements. You are not required to make any initial opening deposit.
If you meet the requirements and believe the Rabobank PremiumSaver meets your needs, put the following documentation together in order to help you in completing the online application quickly:
- Tax file number. Rabobank is required to withhold tax on the interest earnings for this account. By providing your tax file number (TFN) or TFN exemption code you are ensuring that it is withheld at the correct rate.
- Identification. Information from your driver's licence, passport or Medicare card will be needed in order for Rabobank to be able to electronically verify your identity.
- Linked account. You'll automatically receive a Rabobank High Interest Savings Account also when opening your PremiumSaver. You must have a transaction account in the same name (with Rabobank or at another Australian financial institution) that the High Interest Savings Account can be linked to and provide the account number and BSB on your application. For all accounts, you are required to provide Rabobank with a valid direct debit authority so that they may make transfers on your behalf.
What happens after I submit my application?
After having confirmed the details that you provided, the PremiumSaver account will be opened in your name. A welcome pack will then be sent to your address containing the details of the account and your DigiPass. Instructions on how to setup and use the DigiPass will also be included. You should allow up to five business days for the welcome pack to arrive in the mail.