More Telecom's SIM-only mobile plans take advantage of Telstra's 4G network to keep Aussies connected on the go.
Is More Telecom right for me?
- What does More Telecom offer? SIM-only mobile plans across parts of the Telstra 3G and 4G networks. Unlike More Telecom's business broadband plans, its mobile plans are available to all Aussies, no ABN required.
- Product highlights: No-lock-in contracts, data caps span a wide range of needs, Telstra network coverage.
- Watch out for: Telstra typically limits other telcos to using only parts of its mobile network. Such is the case with More Telecom. This can lead to poor reception in certain areas of the country, even if the full Telstra network covers those areas.
More Telecom SIM-only mobile plans
More Telecom's SIM-only plans explained
More Telecom offers a variety of SIM-only mobile plans on no-lock-in contracts. These plans operate on parts of the Telstra 3G and 4G networks, with billing charged in advance for each month of service.
- SIM-only 1GB for $20 a month
- SIM-only 3GB for $25 a month
- SIM-only 6GB for $35 a month
- SIM-only 9GB for $40 a month
- SIM-only 15GB for $45 a month
- SIM-only 20GB for $50 a month
- SIM-only 30GB for $60 a month
- SIM-only 40GB for $70 a month
Like most SIM-only mobile providers, More Telecom automatically charges for any data you use over your monthly cap. A 1GB top-up will be added at a price of $10 each time you exceed your cap, up to a maximum of 5GB extra per month.
If you've got friends or family overseas, More Telecom offers an international call pack alongside its mobile plans. For $10 extra a month, you get 120 minutes of calls to the following destinations: Argentina, Bangladesh, Bangladesh (mobile), Brazil, Canada, China, China (mobile), Czech Republic, Denmark, Denmark (mobile), France, Germany, Germany (mobile), Greece, Hong Kong, Hong Kong, (mobile), India, India (mobile), Indonesia, Indonesia (mobile), Ireland, Ireland (mobile), Israel, Israel (mobile), Italy, Italy (mobile), Japan, Malaysia, Malaysia (mobile), Malta, Malta (mobile), Mexico, Netherlands, Netherlands (mobile), New Zealand, New Zealand (mobile), Nigeria, Norway, Pakistan, Pakistan (mobile), Peru, Philippines, Philippines (mobile), Poland, Portugal, Singapore, Singapore (mobile), South Africa, South Africa (mobile), South Korea, South Korea (mobile), Spain, Spain (mobile), Sweden, Sweden (mobile), Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, United Kingdom, United Kingdom (mobile), USA, Venezuela, Vietnam, Vietnam (mobile).
How does More Telecom compare?
- Numerous data caps to choose from
- Improved rural coverage via Telstra mobile network
- Steeper prices than a lot of the competition
Like most mobile providers that leverage Telstra's 4G network, More Telecom prices its plans at a premium compared to those that use Optus's or Vodafone's networks. Whether the higher speeds and broader coverage of Telstra's network is worth that premium depends largely on where you live and what you use your mobile service for.
Why should you consider More Telecom?
More Telecom is a tough one to recommend. Unless you absolutely require a plan on Telstra's 4G network, there are numerous alternatives out there that offer more call and data inclusions at a much cheaper price.
Presuming Telstra coverage is non-negotiable, More Telecom's plans are relatively competitive, though you can find better deals from other providers if you shop around. Still, More Telecom is at least worth considering, if only as a baseline to compare the competition against.
How to contact More Telecom
|Phone||1800 733 368|
|Support hours||Mon to Fri: 8am to 10pm|
Sat to Sun: 9am to 6pm
|Live chat||Start a live chat|