To open a SMSF Term Deposit with ING, you need to open a business term deposit. The minimum investment amount is $10,000, and you can choose a term length that suits you from three months to two years.
If any of your details change such as your address, mobile number or linked bank account you can update these online via ING Online Banking.
What are the features of the ING SMSF term deposit?
$0 Account keeping fees
There are no monthly fees charged on the account.
Guaranteed by the Australian Government
Balances of $250,000 per customer is covered by the Government Guarantee.
What interest rate do I receive?
The interest rate that applies to your SMSF term deposit is the interest rate that is current on the date the term deposit is opened.
What's the maximum amount I can have in a SMSF term deposit?
The maximum amount is $10 million.
What range of terms are available?
You can choose from the following terms: 90 days, 120 days, 180 days, 210 says, 270 days, 330 days, 1 year and 2 years.
Can be linked to any Australian business bank account or ING Business Optimiser account
The linked account for your SMSF term deposit must be an external business account or ING Business Optimiser. Unfortunately ING doesn't accept credit cards or passbooks. Compare other ING products here.
31 days notice to access your term deposit early
If you need to access your funds before the maturity date, you will need to give at least 31 days advance notice. Interest rate penalties will also apply.
What happens when my SMSF term deposit matures?
When you apply for your term deposit, you'll be asked to choose from the following maturity options: renew principal and interest, renew principal only or close the term deposit. When the term deposit matures, there is a seven-day grace period should you change your mind.
This article discusses the key features associated with ING SMSF Term Deposit. Users are requested to read all scheme-related documents carefully before applying.
- Fixed interest rate
- Term lengths from three months to two years
- Reliable, predictable returns
- No account keeping fees
- Minimum deposit of $10,000
How do I open an ING SMSF Term Deposit?
You can open a term deposit online in less than 15 minutes.
Eligibility to apply online
- Minimum age. You must be over 18 years old.
- Residency requirements. This account is for Australian residents only.
- Depository requirements. You must be prepared to invest at least $10,000.
- SMSFs only. This account is for SMSF or business use, not for personal customers.
Documentation to apply online
Having the following documentation next to you as you fill in the application will ensure that ING has all of the information they need:
- Tax file number. You are not required to provide your tax file number (TFN) but it does enable ING to withhold tax on your earnings at the correct rate.
- Identification. Your identity will have to be verified online using information from your Australian passport, Driver’s Licence or Medicare Card.