Household Capital Reverse Mortgage
Household Capital can help you access the equity in your home to finance your retirement.
Are you 60 years of age or older and looking to withdraw some of the equity from your home? If so, you may want to consider a reverse mortgage from Household Capital. Read on to learn more about the product and find out if it's right for you.
Richard Whitten is an editor at Finder, and has been covering home loans and the property market in Australia for the last 4 years. He has written for Yahoo Finance, Money Magazine and Homely, as well as multiple banks and lenders. Richard has a Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking, a Bachelor of Education from the University of Sydney and a Graduate Certificate in Communication. He enjoys helping people understand the ins and outs of mortgages so they can make smarter property decisions. Richard trained as a high school teacher but found it easier to manage personal finances than a classroom full of kids. Before joining Finder, he edited textbooks and taught English in South Korea.
It works like this: You borrow money against the value of your own home, either as a regular payment or a line of credit. You are charged interest on what you've borrowed.
But unlike traditional mortgages, you don't make regular repayments. Instead, interest is calculated and added to the original loan amount, then the total amount is due when the property is sold.
About this loan
What are the features and benefits of the Household Capital Reverse Mortgage?
- Loan amount. The Household Capital Reverse Mortgage has a minimum loan amount of $50,000. There is a maximum loan amount of $1,000,000. You can borrow up to 50% of the equity in your home.
- Loan-to-value ratio. You can borrow up to 50% of the equity in your home.
- Eligibility. You must be at least 60 years of age to qualify for a reverse mortgage with this lender.
- Repayment flexibility. The Household Capital Reverse Mortgage has flexible repayment options. You can repay the loan earlier if you wish or wait until you sell the property (or pass away).
What fees and charges come with this loan?
- Application fee. $950. This fee covers the cost of processing your application.
How to apply
If you think the Household Capital Reverse Mortgage is the right product for you, click the green button above. You'll be directed to the Household Capital website, where you'll be guided through your application and can talk to a finance specialist from the lender.