Loyal members of Wyong Shire Credit Union may be eligible for discounts and special features on their home loan packages
The Wyong Shire Credit Union (WSCU) is a New South Wales (NSW) member-owned financial institution consisting of employees from the Wyong Shire and Gosford City Council, Central Coast Water Authority and their immediate family members. Members who hold multiple accounts can opt for a fixed interest rate for the first year of a home loan, and a discounted variable rate for the life of the loan.
WSCU has home loans that are appropriate for a number of situations in its product line including features for owner occupants and investors. In addition, there is a special offer for members who are buying their first home or refinancing an existing home loan from another financial institution to the Local Family Banking home loan. It offers discounted interest rates and you will not be charged any monthly fees with a WSCU home loan. After any fixed rate period, the loan will be converted to a competitive, variable rate.
Compare Wyong Shire Credit Union home loans
Home loans provided by Wyong Shire Credit Union
1 Year Fixed Rate
This is a special offer home loan meant for a first time home buyer or a member who is switching their home loan to WSCU from another financial institution. Eligible applicants will be offered a discounted fixed interest rate for the first year of the loan and no monthly maintenance fees for the loan’s duration. After the first year, the loan reverts to a standard variable rate home loan.
This loan also has the benefit of an offset account to help reduce the interest amount and a free redraw facility. The one year fixed rate home loan is only available for loans of up to $390,000.
Local Family Banking Home Loan Package
To qualify for this home loan package, a member must be approved for a new home loan of at least $200,000 and have their entire salary credited to WSCU. Other requirements include maintaining a $1 On-Call Savings Account with a VISA debit card and a VISA credit card issued by WSCU.
The first year of this loan gives you the security of a fixed rate. Once that period expires, the loan reverts to the standard variable rate, but discounted by 0.50% p.a. More savings can be earned when approved for a personal loan with a discount of 1.00% below the standard variable rate. You will also be exempt from any of WSCU’s transaction fees if you meet the qualifications for this special package.
Home Equity Loan
For the same interest rate that is offered for a home loan, you can borrow against the equity in your home to finance any worthwhile purpose, including DIY renovations or to pay for that holiday.
Line of Credit Loan
Using your home's equity as security, a line of credit loan is a pre-approved credit limit that is linked with your WSCU savings account. The money is accessible using a cheque book or a VISA debit card.
Pros and cons of Wyong Shire Credit Union home loans
When considering a home loan there are a number of features that WSCU offers that may be relevant to you:
- Discount on interest rates. If you are able to meet the qualifications, the discounts that are offered by WSCU on their interest rates could save you thousands of dollars in interest fees over the life of the loan.
- No fees. Another money saving feature, the loans offered by WSCU do not charge any monthly account keeping fees.
- Convenience. WSCU has online banking services to assist in keeping track of your home loan.
- Mortgage offset and redraw. The one year fixed rate loan comes with both of these features.
- Membership. WSCU is an industry-based credit union, meaning that only individuals and their families of the Wyong Shire, Gosford City Councils and Central Coast Water Authority are eligible to apply for these home loans.
How to apply for a Wyong Shire Credit Union home loan
With WSCU you can fill out a request online for a loan specialist to contact you and discuss your home loan options:
- Membership. You will be asked for your membership number.
- Apply for membership. If you are not a member but meet the eligibility requirements you can download a membership application, fill it out and submit it to WSCU at their office in Wyong along with a copy of your photo identification.
- Membership fee. If you are over 18, you will pay $10 for a share in the credit union.
Documents needed to apply for a Wyong Shire Credit Union home loan
Financial institutions are obligated to prove your identity before offering any loan product. The easiest way to do this is by providing one of the following documents:
- Driver’s licence. A valid Driver’s Licence with your photograph.
- Passport. A passport issued by the Australian Government.
The property being used as security is an important part of your loan application. You should have copies of the following ready to present for verification:
- Contract of sale. This is the legally binding document that you signed with the seller outlining the details of the property and its purchase price.
- Certificate of title. Another important legal document that shows the seller as being the owner of the property.
- Transfer of land. WSCU is going to need to see documentation showing that the land is going to be transferred into the name of the person who is applying for the home loan.
Your past and current finances are also considered before the terms of a home loan will be offered to you. Financial institutions typically ask for the following documentation:
- Pay slips. At least the last two pay slips. These should show yours and your employer’s information as well as your current and year to date earnings.
- Liabilities. Copies of your recent credit card, loan statements and any other debt obligations you may have.
- Housing payment. If you are an existing homeowner, a copy of your latest home loan statement or rental receipts if you do not yet own your own home.