Finding it hard to be approved for a home loan? MKM Capital can help.
MKM Capital, established in 2004, offers a wide range of products and services for those looking for private or business loans. Their goal is to help all of their customers improve their financial position through their company’s extension of credit. MKM Capital is a member of the Credit and Investments Ombudsman as well as the Mortgage & Finance Association of Australia (MFAA). They also hold all NCCP licenses necessary to extend credit nationally in Australia.
Interested in a home loan with MKM Capital?
eChoice mortgage brokers are able to compare and discuss home loans from MKM Capital, so fill in the form below and compare loans today.
What is MKM Capital?
MKM Capital is a non-bank lender with the backing of an institutional funding line that allows them to make all credit decisions in-house. They tailor each loan solution to your individual needs and provide efficient and prompt service to all of their customers. The company’s main goal is to help all of their customers improve their financial situation through their loan services.
They offer home loans for those with full income documentation as well as loans for self-employed individuals who may not have complete financial documents. They also offer a recovery service for those with bad credit.
Home loans offered by MKM Capital
Full Doc Home Loan
This is a full featured home loan best suited for applicants that have full documentation of their income history. This loan can be applied for by those with a bad credit history. It’s available for private, business or investment purposes. This loan comes with loan terms from as short as 24 months to as long as 30 years, and there’s also a five year interest-only option. All interest rates are variable and created on a case-by-case basis. There are also upfront and ongoing charges that are disclosed during your individual assessment.
You can borrow a minimum of $100,000 or as much as $1.5 million for your personal or business purposes with this loan. There’s a maximum LVR is 80% on residential property and 75% on vacant land.
Flexi Doc Home Loan
This mortgage product is made to help those who are self-employed or that have started their own business recently. Since MKM Capital understands that you may not have the normal income documentation like payslips to offer, they accept regular verifiable sources of income as a way to assess your repayment ability.
Like the Full Doc loan this loan can be for personal or business purposes and has the same range of terms as the Full Doc loan, including the five year interest-only option. The borrowing limits and LVRs are also the same.
Recovery Home Loan
MKM Capital caters to credit impaired borrowers with this loan. It provides the ability to borrow regardless of your credit history, and can be used for personal, business or investment reasons.
Pros and cons of MKM Capital home loans
- Loans for the self-employed. MKM Capital allows those who are self-employed or who have their own start-up business to apply for these loans and receive funding if approved.
- Credit impaired borrowers are welcome. Some of MKM Capital’s home loans accept those with bad credit.
- Wide range of terms. Unlike other companies who offer long term loans, MKM Capital offers loans for as short as 24 months and for as long as 30 years.
- No fixed rate loans available. Currently, MKM Capital only offers loans with a variable interest rate. If you’re looking for a fixed rate, you may want to consider loans from another lender.
- Limits on borrowing. MKM Capital will not give out loans for lower than $100,000 or higher than $1.5 million. These limits may turn some borrowers off when looking to only borrow a small amount or for those looking to borrow in excess of the maximum amount.
- Undisclosed fees. MKM Capital discloses their fees upon assessment, which means that you won’t know the exact amount in extra charges you’ll be paying until you apply. This makes it difficult to compare these loans to other home loans.
How to apply for a MKM Capital home loan
In order to apply for a home loan through MKM Capital you’ll need to speak to a mortgage broker. You’ll also need certified identification, six months’ worth of bank statements, proof of a fee payment for a valuation assessment, and other supporting information for the specific loan you’re looking to apply for.
A manager will give you a checklist to tell you what these other documents may be. Before you receive the loan the company will do a full valuation on the property which may end up requiring the loan proposal to be amended. You are also subject to a credit check after you sign privacy and consent forms. This check will determine your interest rate and some of the fees. MKM Capital will look at defaults for credit-impaired applicants and ask for satisfactory explanations for these as well. All necessary forms are available to download through the company’s website.