Find essential information about Bank Australia home loans on this page. Skip ahead to the full table of products or read more about Bank Australia home loans below.
Bank Australia's Competitive rate for...
Compare Bank Australia home loans
Compare Bank Australia home loans below. Hit "load more" to see a fuller selection of home loans and hit "Enquire now" to speak to a mortgage broker.
Rates last updated March 28th, 2020
Bank Australia lender profile
- Bank Australia has been in business since 1957. It is a customer-owned bank without external shareholders.
- Bank Australia is Australia's largest customer-owned bank and was formed when a number of credit unions joined forces.
- The bank is also committed to responsible lending and investment, which includes investing in community projects and refusing to lend to the fossil fuel industry.
Bank Australia mortgage features
Bank Australia has mortgages for home buyers and investors, fixed and variable rates plus a line of credit loan.
|Customer owned bank||Bank Australia is owned by its members. This means it can re-invest profits and pass on the savings to customers rather than shareholders.|
|Deposit||Most Bank Australia home loans let you borrow up to 80%. In other words, you need a 20% deposit.|
|Redraw facility||Most Bank Australia home loans come with a redraw facility.|
How do I apply for a Bank Australia mortgage?
You can learn more about a specific Bank Australia mortgage by clicking through to that product's review page. Clicking the "Enquire now"’ button will let you enter your details and get in touch with a mortgage broker who can help you apply for Bank Australia mortgage.
Each Bank Australia product have specific eligibility criteria but some will apply to all products. For example:
- Age. You must be over 18 years of age.
- Residency. You should be a resident of Australia.
- Employment. You should have a regular source of income.
When you apply for a mortgage with Bank Australia you are required to provide certain information so make sure you have all your documents ready before you apply. The documents you will be expected to provide are:
- Identification documents. You will need identification such as a driver's license, passport or birth certificate.
- Proof of income documents. Recent payslips can establish your income.
- Asset and liability documents. You need to provide documents showing your current assets (savings accounts, investments) and liabilities (your outstanding debt).
Detailed guide to home loan applications and paperwork
Looking for more mortgage options?