Compare the interest rates and features of the competitive range of loans from AFG Home Loans.
AFG Home Loans offers competitive mortgage products backed by professional and friendly customer service. It has loans for first home buyers, property investors, renovators and borrowers who are looking to unlock the equity in their home.
Who is AFG Home Loans?
AFG Home Loans is a non-bank lender that was established in 1994. It is a part of AFG (Australian Finance Group), which operates a nationwide network of more than 2,600 mortgage brokers and processes over $4.5 billion of home loan financing every month.
AFG Home Loans is a non-bank lender that offers competitive interest rates and personalised customer service. As an online lender, AFG Home Loans does not have to cover the cost of maintaining a branch network and can pass these savings on to its customers.
Loans from AFG Home Loans offer a wide range of features, including redraw facilities, Visa debit cards, and access to cash through the rediATM network.
Home loans offered by AFG Home Loans
AFG’s range of home loans is divided into five separate product suites:
AFG Home Loans Retro
The Retro Home Loan from AFG is designed to be as simple and easy to understand as possible. These low-frills loans charge minimal fees and offer all the basic features you need in a home loan. You can enjoy 24/7 access to your funds and also have the option of adding a 100% offset facility to your mortgage to reduce the amount of interest you pay. The Retro Home Loans range also includes options for self-employed borrowers and those who don’t meet traditional lending criteria.
AFG Home Loans Edge
The Edge home loan offers a variety of competitive loan options with all the essential features. Edge Home Loans are funded by the Advantedge residential loan program, which is part of an arrangement with National Australia Bank. There are no ongoing monthly fees with these loans but an annual fee does apply. Other features include convenient redraw access, the ability to make extra repayments on variable rate loans, and client service from a dedicated customer support team.
AFG Home Loans Icon
Icon Home Loans from AFG is a selection of premium loans packed with features. They include competitive interest rates and are backed by the Macquarie Group. The Icon range includes three loans:
- Offset Home Loan. Features a fixed or variable rate, additional repayment flexibility and a 100% offset account.
- Line of Credit Home Loan. Available with principal and interest or interest-only repayments, this loan allows additional repayments on variable mortgages.
- SMSF Loan. Designed for the purchase of residential investment property, this loan can be integrated with your existing SMSF.
AFG Home Loans ABL
The loans in this suite are funded by Adelaide Bank and are designed to meet a wide range of mortgage needs. Options include:
- The ABL Go Between Loan for people buying a new property and selling their current one.
- The Secured Visa Loan for first home buyers with low deposits.
- Low Doc Loans for self-employed borrowers.
AFG Home Loans Options
AFG’s Options Home Loan range is designed to suit the needs of borrowers who may not satisfy traditional lending criteria. This includes those with an imperfect credit history and self-employed borrowers who have not yet filed a tax return. Options Loans are offered through AFG Home Loans’ relationship with Pepper.
Pros and cons of AFG Home Loans
- Choice of options. AFG Home Loans offers an extensive range of home loans to meet the needs of a wide variety of borrowers.
- Loan features. AFG Home Loans offers mortgages with minimal fees, offset accounts, redraw facilities, debit cards and a host of other competitive features.
- Established provider. AFG is the largest provider of mortgage broking services in Australia and unlike the major banks, its primary focus is home loans.
- Limited info online. You will need to contact AFG Home Loans directly to find out more detailed information about the range of home loans available.
How to apply for a loan from AFG Home Loans
If you’d like to find out more about the range of mortgages available from AFG Home Loans, visit the AFG Home Loans website. You can then find more details about the loans available and arrange to speak with a home loan consultant.
You have the option to phone or email AFG Home Loans Client Services directly, or you can fill out a contact request form with the following information:
- Your name
- Your contact details
- Your state and postcode
- Whether or not you are an existing AFG Home Loans customer
- Any questions you have
If you choose to apply for a loan, your AFG home loan consultant will inform you of the information and documentation you need to provide. This will include details of:
- Your income and assets. You may have to provide payslips, tax returns, and details of any shares or savings you own.
- Your liabilities. Provide information about your outstanding debts and ongoing expenses.
- The property you want to buy. You will need to provide the address and purchase price of the property.
AFG Home Loans offers an extensive selection of mortgage options for a variety of borrowers. Compare its home loans to offerings from other lenders to find the right financing option for your needs.