AFG Home Loans
Learn more about lender AFG Home Loans and their mortgage products.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
On this page you can find information about AFG and its home loans.
AFG lender profile
- AFG Home Loans belongs to Australian Finance Group. AFG is a brokerage with 2,900 mortgage brokers and also has its own range of home loan products.
- AFG offers five home loan products, with something for most borrowers including self-employed borrowers and investors.
- AFG's main office is based in Perth but the company has brokers nationwide.
Home loans offered by AFG Home Loans
AFG's range of home loans is divided into five separate product suites:
- Retro. The Retro home loan from AFG has a 100% offset account.
- Edge. The Edge home loan is a basic, no frills loan with a lower rate and online redraw.
- Link. The Link home loan is a low doc loan aimed at self-employed borrowers.
- Alpha. A flexible mortgage that has a 100% offset account and a linked credit card.
- Options. A low doc loan for borrowers whose credit situations make it hard to get traditional finance.
How do I apply for a AFG mortgage?
If you'd like to apply for a home loan from AFG, please contact the lender directly.
Each AFG product has specific eligibility criteria but some will apply to all products. For example:
- Age. You must be over 18 years of age.
- Residency. You should be a resident of Australia.
- Employment. You should have a regular source of income.
When you apply for a mortgage with AFG you are required to provide certain information so make sure you have all your documents ready before you apply. The documents you will be expected to provide are:
- Identification documents. You will need identification such as a driver's license, passport or birth certificate.
- Proof of income documents. Recent payslips can establish your income.
- Asset and liability documents. You need to provide documents showing your current assets (savings accounts, investments) and liabilities (your outstanding debt).
Looking for more mortgage options?
More guides on Finder
How to start a small business from home
6 tips to start a successful home based business.
Brighte Personal Loan
Looking to renovate your home? Find out more about Brighte's personal loan for home improvements and ways in which it may be able to benefit you.
Endeavour Mutual Bank Special Fixed Home Loan
The Special Fixed Home Loan from Endeavour Mutual Bank is a fixed rate mortgage for owner-occupiers and investors.
Planning your retirement? Here are 4 things you need to know about reverse mortgages
SPONSORED: A reverse mortgage could let you use some of your home equity to fund your retirement costs. Here's what you need to know.
Sydney Mutual Bank Special Fixed Home Loan
The Special Fixed Home Loan from Sydney Mutual Bank is a fixed rate mortgage for owner-occupiers and investors. Available with a 5% deposit.
Hunter United Fixed Home Loan
The Fixed Home Loan from Hunter United is a fixed rate loan with options for home buyers and investors.
Home run: Mortgage approvals soar to pre-COVID-19 levels
Finder research shows not even coronavirus can dampen Australia’s love affair with property.
Free Loan Agreement Templates (Australia)
Learn how to write a loan agreement and find out where you can get free legal templates.
Home buyers with low deposits can save thousands in LMI premiums with these lenders
At least 3 lenders now offer big discounts on lenders mortgage insurance premiums that could save first home buyers thousands.
How will proposed “simpler credit” rules affect Australian borrowers?
The federal treasurer has announced plans to make it easier to get credit cards, home loans and personal loans. But it's borrower beware.
Home Loan OffersImportant Information*
Up to $3,000 refinance cashback. A flexible and competitive variable rate loan. Eligible borrowers refinancing $250,000 or more can get $2,000 cashback per property plus a bonus $1,000 for their first application. Other conditions apply.
Up to $4,000 refinance cashback. A competitive variable rate loan from St.George. Refinancers borrowing $250,000 or more can get $4,000 cashback (Other terms, conditions and exclusions apply).
A competitive variable rate mortgage for owner occupiers $0 application and $0 ongoing fees. This interest rate falls over time as you pay off the loan.
Take advantage of a low-fee mortgage with a special interest rate of just 2.49% p.a. and a 2.49% p.a. comparison rate.
Ask an Expert