AFG Home Loans
Learn more about lender AFG Home Loans and their mortgage products.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
On this page you can find information about AFG and its home loans.
AFG lender profile
- AFG Home Loans belongs to Australian Finance Group. AFG is a brokerage with 2,900 mortgage brokers and also has its own range of home loan products.
- AFG offers five home loan products, with something for most borrowers including self-employed borrowers and investors.
- AFG's main office is based in Perth but the company has brokers nationwide.
Home loans offered by AFG Home Loans
AFG's range of home loans is divided into five separate product suites:
- Retro. The Retro home loan from AFG has a 100% offset account.
- Edge. The Edge home loan is a basic, no frills loan with a lower rate and online redraw.
- Link. The Link home loan is a low doc loan aimed at self-employed borrowers.
- Alpha. A flexible mortgage that has a 100% offset account and a linked credit card.
- Options. A low doc loan for borrowers whose credit situations make it hard to get traditional finance.
How do I apply for a AFG mortgage?
If you'd like to apply for a home loan from AFG, please contact the lender directly.
Each AFG product has specific eligibility criteria but some will apply to all products. For example:
- Age. You must be over 18 years of age.
- Residency. You should be a resident of Australia.
- Employment. You should have a regular source of income.
When you apply for a mortgage with AFG you are required to provide certain information so make sure you have all your documents ready before you apply. The documents you will be expected to provide are:
- Identification documents. You will need identification such as a driver's license, passport or birth certificate.
- Proof of income documents. Recent payslips can establish your income.
- Asset and liability documents. You need to provide documents showing your current assets (savings accounts, investments) and liabilities (your outstanding debt).
Looking for more mortgage options?
More guides on Finder
Afterpay hangover? Beware of impact on home loan approval
Off the back of Christmas spending, a finance expert has warned that your Afterpay habits could negatively impact your home loan application.
Are you better off putting $10k in your home loan or in super?
Our experts crunch the numbers to help you work out the best place to park your money: is it your mortgage or your super fund?
Christmas comedown: 1 in 4 Aussies worried about housing costs
One in four (25%) Australians are worried about how they will pay the rent or mortgage after Christmas, according to new research by Finder, Australia’s most visited comparison site. Find out how the Finder App can help save you money in 2021.
UCapital Unsecured Business Loan
A UCapital unsecured business loan can provide up to $300,000 without security, with repayment terms between 3 and 12 months.
What is a redraw facility?
Here's what borrowers need to know about home loans with redraw facilities.
It’s official: Comparing home loans saves you big money
Lenders often give discounts to new borrowers, but not to loyal existing customers. Here's how to work out if you're being charged too much.
What is LVR on a home loan?
Your guide to home loan LVRs and how you can determine your loan to value ratio.
When does your owner occupier loan become an investment loan?
Do you have to tell your lender if you rent out a room and turn your mortgage into an investment loan?
Owner-occupier home loans
Need an owner-occupier home loan? Compare rates, understand home owner tax rules and more.
Division 7A Loan Agreement templates (Australia)
Save yourself tax dollars with a Division 7A loan agreement.
Home Loan OffersImportant Information*
Up to $3,000 refinance cashback. A flexible and competitive variable rate loan. Eligible borrowers refinancing $250,000 or more can get $2,000 cashback per property plus a bonus $1,000 for their first application. Other conditions apply.
Up to $4,000 refinance cashback. With this competitive variable rate loan from St.George, refinancers borrowing $250,000+ can get up $4,000 cashback and borrow up to 90% of the property's value. (Terms, conditions & exclusions apply).
A competitive variable rate mortgage for owner occupiers $0 application and $0 ongoing fees. This interest rate falls over time as you pay off the loan.
Ask an Expert