AFG Home Loans has loans for first home buyers, property investors, renovators and borrowers who are looking to unlock the equity in their home.
Who is AFG Home Loans?
AFG Home Loans is a non-bank lender that was established in 1994. It is a part of AFG (Australian Finance Group), which operates a nationwide network of more than 2,600 mortgage brokers and processes over $4.5 billion of home loan financing every month.
AFG Home Loans is a non-bank lender that offers competitive interest rates and personalised customer service. As an online lender, AFG Home Loans does not have to cover the cost of maintaining a branch network and can pass these savings on to its customers.
Loans from AFG Home Loans offer a wide range of features, including redraw facilities, Visa debit cards, and access to cash through the rediATM network.
Home loans offered by AFG Home Loans
AFG’s range of home loans is divided into five separate product suites:
The Retro home loan from AFG has a 100% offset account.
The Edge home loan is a basic, no frills loan with a lower rate and online redraw.
The Link home loan is a low doc loan aimed at self-employed borrowers.
A flexible mortgage that has a 100% offset account and a linked credit card.
A low doc loan for borrowers whose credit situations make it hard to get traditional finance.
Pros and cons of AFG Home Loans
- Choice of options. AFG Home Loans offers an extensive range of home loans to meet the needs of a wide variety of borrowers.
- Loan features. AFG Home Loans offers mortgages with minimal fees, offset accounts, redraw facilities, debit cards and a host of other competitive features.
- Established provider. AFG is the largest provider of mortgage broking services in Australia and unlike the major banks, its primary focus is home loans.
- Limited info online. You will need to contact AFG Home Loans directly to find out more detailed information about the range of home loans available.
How to apply for a loan from AFG Home Loans
If you’d like to find out more about the range of mortgages available from AFG Home Loans, visit the AFG Home Loans website. You can then find more details about the loans available and arrange to speak with a home loan consultant.
You have the option to phone or email AFG Home Loans Client Services directly, or you can fill out a contact request form with the following information:
- Your name
- Your contact details
- Your state and postcode
- Whether or not you are an existing AFG Home Loans customer
- Any questions you have
If you choose to apply for a loan, your AFG home loan consultant will inform you of the information and documentation you need to provide. This will include details of:
- Your income and assets. You may have to provide payslips, tax returns, and details of any shares or savings you own.
- Your liabilities. Provide information about your outstanding debts and ongoing expenses.
- The property you want to buy. You will need to provide the address and purchase price of the property.
AFG Home Loans offers an extensive selection of mortgage options for a variety of borrowers. Compare its home loans to offerings from other lenders to find the right financing option for your needs.