Vero Home Insurance

Vero Home Insurance offers three policies with varying levels of protection and landlord insurance.

No reviews yet. Write a review

We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!

We’ve provided a breakdown of what a home insurance policy from Vero provides, what’s included and excluded and how to make a claim.

We don't currently have this brand on our panel. But don't fret! You can head to the Vero website or compare a bunch of other home insurance companies with finder.

Compare home insurance fast

What cover options do they have?

  • Secure Home Extra. Covering your home and contents against storm, fire, flood, theft, burglary, vandalism and other events, Secure Home Extra also provides temporary accommodation if your home is unlivable.
  • Secure Home Elite. Elite insurance includes the same cover as Secure Home Extra, plus protection against accidental damage and higher claim limits.
  • Secure Home Landlord. This is a policy for landlords that includes all the cover offered by Secure Home Elite, as well as protection against loss of rent through damage or theft by a tenant, plus temporary accommodation for tenants or the strata title owner if the property becomes unlivable.

How does each cover type compare?

Secure Home ExtraSecure Home EliteSecure Home Landlord
Earthquake & tsunami
Escape of liquid
Damage by an animal
Riot, civil commotion or public disturbances
Malicious acts and vandalism
Temporary accommodation
Accidental breakage of glass
Theft or burglary
Loss of rent
Legal liability$20 million$20 million$20 million

What additional cover optins are there?

  • Personal valuables cover. This covers valuable contents away from the insured address. For an extra premium you can also increase the level of cover for specific items.
  • Strata title mortgage protection. For an extra premium, you can extend cover to your mortgage at the time of loss or damage, the mortgagee’s interest, or the difference between the amount covered by the policy and repair costs – whichever is the lowest.

What exclusions are there?

Before selecting a policy, be sure to read for any specific exclusions. General exclusions may include damage from:

  • Actions of the sea
  • Biological, chemical or contaminants
  • Breaking the law
  • Building extensions, alterations or renovations
  • Confiscation or damage by a legal authority
  • Defect, structural fault or design fault
  • Deliberate actions by you or anyone acting with your consent
  • Deliberate damage to a reservoir or dam
  • Failing to take reasonable care of your home and contents (not locking doors and windows, etc)
  • Ground movement
  • Mechanical or electrical breakdown

A home insurance policy generally does not include:

  • New buildings in the course of construction
  • Temporary or mobile structures (caravans, houseboats, etc)
  • Inflatable or portable pools and spas
  • Moorings
  • Carpets, rugs, blinds, drapes, curtains, etc
  • Air conditioners attached within a window
  • Hotels, motels, boarding or guest houses

What excess do I need to pay?

An excess is the amount you have to pay for each incident you make a claim for. Sometimes you might have more than one type of excess, for example if a lighting surge damages your house and causes a subsequent fire, you would need to pay excess for both lighting and fire. The amount and types of excess are shown on your policy.

How do I make a claim?

Collect any reports and as many details about the incident as possible. To make a claim on your policy, you can call Vero on 1300 888 073 at any time of the day or night. Plus you can go online to to find your nearest broker.

You can also email: to lodge your claim.

More guides on Finder

Go to site