Vero Home Insurance
When it comes to home insurance, it pays to take time and make the right choice. Vero is a respected name offering protection for your home and contents.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Vero Home Insurance offers three policies with varying levels of protection and landlord insurance. But is Vero right for you? We’ve provided a breakdown of what a home insurance policy from Vero provides, what’s included and excluded and how to make a claim.
We don't currently have this brand on our panel. But don't fret! You can head to the Vero website or compare a bunch of other home insurance companies with finder.
What cover options do they have?
- Secure Home Extra. Covering your home and contents against storm, fire, flood, theft, burglary, vandalism and other events, Secure Home Extra also provides temporary accommodation if your home is unlivable.
- Secure Home Elite. Elite insurance includes the same cover as Secure Home Extra, plus protection against accidental damage and higher claim limits.
- Secure Home Landlord. This is a policy for landlords that includes all the cover offered by Secure Home Elite, as well as protection against loss of rent through damage or theft by a tenant, plus temporary accommodation for tenants or the strata title owner if the property becomes unlivable.
How does each cover type compare?
|Secure Home Extra||Secure Home Elite||Secure Home Landlord|
|Earthquake & tsunami|
|Escape of liquid|
|Damage by an animal|
|Riot, civil commotion or public disturbances|
|Malicious acts and vandalism|
|Accidental breakage of glass|
|Theft or burglary|
|Loss of rent|
|Legal liability||$20 million||$20 million||$20 million|
What additional cover optins are there?
- Personal valuables cover. This covers valuable contents away from the insured address. For an extra premium you can also increase the level of cover for specific items.
- Strata title mortgage protection. For an extra premium, you can extend cover to your mortgage at the time of loss or damage, the mortgagee’s interest, or the difference between the amount covered by the policy and repair costs – whichever is the lowest.
What exclusions are there?
Before selecting a policy, be sure to read for any specific exclusions. General exclusions may include damage from:
- Actions of the sea
- Biological, chemical or contaminants
- Breaking the law
- Building extensions, alterations or renovations
- Confiscation or damage by a legal authority
- Defect, structural fault or design fault
- Deliberate actions by you or anyone acting with your consent
- Deliberate damage to a reservoir or dam
- Failing to take reasonable care of your home and contents (not locking doors and windows, etc)
- Ground movement
- Mechanical or electrical breakdown
A home insurance policy generally does not include:
- New buildings in the course of construction
- Temporary or mobile structures (caravans, houseboats, etc)
- Inflatable or portable pools and spas
- Carpets, rugs, blinds, drapes, curtains, etc
- Air conditioners attached within a window
- Hotels, motels, boarding or guest houses
What excess do I need to pay?
An excess is the amount you have to pay for each incident you make a claim for. Sometimes you might have more than one type of excess, for example if a lighting surge damages your house and causes a subsequent fire, you would need to pay excess for both lighting and fire. The amount and types of excess are shown on your policy.
How do I make a claim?
Collect any reports and as many details about the incident as possible. To make a claim on your policy, you can call Vero on 1300 888 073 at any time of the day or night. Plus you can go online to vero.com.au/claims to find your nearest broker.
You can also email: firstname.lastname@example.org to lodge your claim.
More guides on Finder
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
10% off Apple Airpods Pro, 29% off Sennheiser wireless headphones and 20% off HP Pavilion x360 convertible laptop.
Fast and furious: 73% of Aussies have fallen victim to a road rage incident
Engines aren’t the only thing overheating on the roads this summer – our tempers are too, according to new research by Finder, Australia’s most visited comparison site.
HDMI 2.1 explained: TV and gaming with PS5 and Xbox Series X
Here's everything you need to know about HDMI 2.1
Treadmill removal services
Here’s how you can ensure your treadmill is moved safely and at a convenient time.
Campervan relocations in Australia | Where to book, what to know
Discover great destinations for campervan relocations for your adventure across Australia.
Campervan hire in Darwin | Where to book, what to know
Get out and explore the Top End with our guide to campervan hire in Darwin.
Steam mop Finder: The ins and outs of buying a steam mop for you home
Steam mops are an effective way to clean your floors and other parts of your home. Find out how to compare models and choose the right one for you.
Are you better off putting $10k in your home loan or in super?
Our experts crunch the numbers to help you work out the best place to park your money: is it your mortgage or your super fund?
How much does a colonoscopy cost?
Find out how much a colonoscopy costs in Australia and how you can avoid paying heaps.
How much do veneers cost in Australia?
Find out how much veneers cost in Australia and how you can avoid being hit with a big bill.