Vero Home Insurance
When it comes to home insurance, it pays to take time and make the right choice. Vero is a respected name offering protection for your home and contents.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Vero Home Insurance offers three policies with varying levels of protection and landlord insurance. But is Vero right for you? We’ve provided a breakdown of what a home insurance policy from Vero provides, what’s included and excluded and how to make a claim.
We don't currently have this brand on our panel. But don't fret! You can head to the Vero website or compare a bunch of other home insurance companies with finder.
What cover options do they have?
- Secure Home Extra. Covering your home and contents against storm, fire, flood, theft, burglary, vandalism and other events, Secure Home Extra also provides temporary accommodation if your home is unlivable.
- Secure Home Elite. Elite insurance includes the same cover as Secure Home Extra, plus protection against accidental damage and higher claim limits.
- Secure Home Landlord. This is a policy for landlords that includes all the cover offered by Secure Home Elite, as well as protection against loss of rent through damage or theft by a tenant, plus temporary accommodation for tenants or the strata title owner if the property becomes unlivable.
How does each cover type compare?
|Secure Home Extra||Secure Home Elite||Secure Home Landlord|
|Earthquake & tsunami|
|Escape of liquid|
|Damage by an animal|
|Riot, civil commotion or public disturbances|
|Malicious acts and vandalism|
|Accidental breakage of glass|
|Theft or burglary|
|Loss of rent|
|Legal liability||$20 million||$20 million||$20 million|
What additional cover optins are there?
- Personal valuables cover. This covers valuable contents away from the insured address. For an extra premium you can also increase the level of cover for specific items.
- Strata title mortgage protection. For an extra premium, you can extend cover to your mortgage at the time of loss or damage, the mortgagee’s interest, or the difference between the amount covered by the policy and repair costs – whichever is the lowest.
What exclusions are there?
Before selecting a policy, be sure to read for any specific exclusions. General exclusions may include damage from:
- Actions of the sea
- Biological, chemical or contaminants
- Breaking the law
- Building extensions, alterations or renovations
- Confiscation or damage by a legal authority
- Defect, structural fault or design fault
- Deliberate actions by you or anyone acting with your consent
- Deliberate damage to a reservoir or dam
- Failing to take reasonable care of your home and contents (not locking doors and windows, etc)
- Ground movement
- Mechanical or electrical breakdown
A home insurance policy generally does not include:
- New buildings in the course of construction
- Temporary or mobile structures (caravans, houseboats, etc)
- Inflatable or portable pools and spas
- Carpets, rugs, blinds, drapes, curtains, etc
- Air conditioners attached within a window
- Hotels, motels, boarding or guest houses
What excess do I need to pay?
An excess is the amount you have to pay for each incident you make a claim for. Sometimes you might have more than one type of excess, for example if a lighting surge damages your house and causes a subsequent fire, you would need to pay excess for both lighting and fire. The amount and types of excess are shown on your policy.
How do I make a claim?
Collect any reports and as many details about the incident as possible. To make a claim on your policy, you can call Vero on 1300 888 073 at any time of the day or night. Plus you can go online to vero.com.au/claims to find your nearest broker.
You can also email: email@example.com to lodge your claim.
More guides on Finder
Best projectors in Australia
Here are the 7 best projectors you can buy right now for all your home theatre and gaming needs.
Business courses online in Australia
Searching for a career in business and not sure where to start? Find out here.
Best weed killers in Australia
These are the eight best weed killers you can buy right now in Australia.
Online first aid courses in Australia
Be prepared to help in any situation. Here's what you need to know about taking an online first aid course.
Best pressure washers in Australia
These are the 7 best pressure washers you can buy right now in Australia.
How to start a small business from home
6 tips to start a successful home based business.
Brighte Personal Loan
Looking to renovate your home? Find out more about Brighte's personal loan for home improvements and ways in which it may be able to benefit you.
Pets in apartments: Sydney ruling sparks insurance questions
The NSW Supreme Court has given the go-ahead for pets in apartments. But there are things to consider before moving a furry friend into your home.
Best 2-in-1 laptops in Australia
Our expert team spent hundreds of hours testing laptops to find the six best 2-in-1 laptops you can buy.
Eco-cleaning Services in Wollongong
Here's how to find a green cleaning service if you live in or near to Wollongong.