We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Q Report Jewellery Insurance has been offering specialised jewellery insurance to Australians for over 10 years. It can insure your jewellery, engagement ring or watch, and is also underwritten by Chubb Insurance — one of the biggest insurance companies in the world.
- Get free annual revaluation to make sure your jewellery is never underinsured.
- Get cover for up to $50,000 if you apply online (if it's higher, you can chat to a consultant) — most home and contents insurance policies have a cap of between $1,000 and $5,000, unless you're willing to pay more.
- Pay $31.77 a month to insure a $6,000 item*. By comparison, the average contents insurance policy will cost you $42.69 a month, which might be better value for money but you'll have to sacrifice some benefits.
Review by our insurance expert Gary Hunter
Q Report Jewellery Insurance Cover Option
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
What does Q Report Jewellery Insurance cover?
With Q Report Jewellery Insurance, you'll be covered for loss, damage, theft, mysterious disappearance and natural disasters for your valuables like:
Q Report Jewellery Insurance benefits
Here's a summary of the benefits:
- Worldwide coverage. This means your jewellery is covered anywhere in the world.
- Return to your original or preferred jeweller. If you make a claim, you can take it to your jeweller of choice to be repaired.
- Free annual revaluation. This makes sure that your jewellery is insured for the correct amount, so you're not underinsured.
- Agreed value policy. You'll be covered for the agreed value shown on your policy — not "up to" that amount.
- Additional 50% cover. Q Report will add 50% to the insured value of your jewellery if it can't fully repair or replace it.
- No impact claims. Your premium will not go up if you need to make a claim.
- Satisfaction guarantee. If you want to cancel, you'll receive a full refund if you do so within the first 14 days.
What's not covered by Q Report Jewellery Insurance?
All insurers have exclusions — you can find them in the product disclosure statement. Here's what won't be covered by Q Report Jewellery:
- Acts of war
- Business property
- Cleaning and renovations
- Fungi and mould
- Inherent vice and breakdown
- Intentional acts
- Nuclear, biological, chemical or radiation hazard
- Wear and tear
How do I make a Q Report Jewellery Insurance claim?
To make a Q Report Jewellery Insurance claim, you can either call on 1300 882 018 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You'll need to get a Statutory Declaration and Police Report if your jewellery has been lost or stolen. Depending on how long it takes for you to send this, claims are usually processed and approved within 5 business days.
More guides on Finder
2021 MG ZS Review
It seems the ZST is really a jack of all trades kind of car. It looks good, is specced well, drives nicely and is acceptably practical.
Best board games for kids in Australia
We compared hundreds of customer reviews and ratings to find the 10 best board games for kids you can get in Australia right now.
Best orbital sanders in Australia
We’ve read hundreds of customer reviews to find the six best orbital sanders you can buy right now.
Going up: 4.6 million health insurance customers are missing out on potential savings
Millions of Australians could be missing out on health insurance policy savings according to new Finder research.
Home office insurance
We talk you through how to get home office insurance.
What are covered events in home insurance?
All home insurance policies have a common list of covered events. These insured events include things like fire, storm and theft.
What is insurance fraud, and how does it affect my home insurance?
Curious to know what happens if you commit insurance fraud on a home insurance claim? Here's what we know, and why you probably shouldn't do it.
Fixtures and fittings: Why they matter in home insurance
Knowing the difference between fixtures and fittings can help you decide which home insurance policy is right for you.
What is malicious damage?
Protect your home from the costs of malicious damage with home insurance. Compare policies in just minutes and get peace of mind.
Porsche 911 car insurance
Want to insure a Porsche 911? Here are things we think you should know.