Q Report Jewellery Insurance has been offering specialised jewellery insurance to Australians for over 10 years. It can insure your jewellery, engagement ring or watch, and is also underwritten by Chubb Insurance — one of the biggest insurance companies in the world.
- Get free annual revaluation to make sure your jewellery is never underinsured.
- Get cover for up to $50,000 if you apply online (if it's higher, you can chat to a consultant) — most home and contents insurance policies have a cap of between $1,000 and $5,000, unless you're willing to pay more.
- Pay $31.77 a month to insure a $6,000 item*. By comparison, the average contents insurance policy will cost you $42.69 a month, which might be better value for money but you'll have to sacrifice some benefits.
Review by our insurance expert Gary Ross Hunter
With Q Report Jewellery Insurance, you'll be covered for loss, damage, theft, mysterious disappearance and natural disasters for your valuables like:
Here's a summary of the benefits:
- Worldwide coverage. This means your jewellery is covered anywhere in the world.
- Return to your original or preferred jeweller. If you make a claim, you can take it to your jeweller of choice to be repaired.
- Free annual revaluation. This makes sure that your jewellery is insured for the correct amount, so you're not underinsured.
- Agreed value policy. You'll be covered for the agreed value shown on your policy — not "up to" that amount.
- Additional 50% cover. Q Report will add 50% to the insured value of your jewellery if it can't fully repair or replace it.
- No impact claims. Your premium will not go up if you need to make a claim.
- Satisfaction guarantee. If you want to cancel, you'll receive a full refund if you do so within the first 14 days.
All insurers have exclusions — you can find them in the product disclosure statement. Here's what won't be covered by Q Report Jewellery:
- Acts of war
- Business property
- Cleaning and renovations
- Fungi and mould
- Inherent vice and breakdown
- Intentional acts
- Nuclear, biological, chemical or radiation hazard
- Wear and tear
To make a Q Report Jewellery Insurance claim, you can either call on 1300 882 018 or email at email@example.com. You'll need to get a Statutory Declaration and Police Report if your jewellery has been lost or stolen. Depending on how long it takes for you to send this, claims are usually processed and approved within 5 business days.
You pay the same as buying directly from the home insurer. Better still, we regularly run exclusive deals that you won't find on any other site – plus, our tables make it easy to compare policies.
Unlike other comparison sites, we're not owned by an insurer. That means our opinions are our own and we work with lots of home insurance brands, making it easier for you to find a good deal.
We're here to help
Since 2014, we've helped 150,000+ people find home insurance by explaining your cover options simply and clearly. We'll never ask for your number or email. We're here to help you make a decision.