Cover-More announces Australian-first cancel-for-any-reason travel insurance
Travel insurer also introduces a raft of other customer-focused changes.
In what will be welcome news for Aussie travellers, leading travel insurance Cover-More announced it will be offering cancel-for-any-reason (CFAR) – a first for Australian travellers.
Two new umbrella policies, Comprehensive Care and Essentials Care, will be available from 11 April 2018 and offer this cover option. The insurer announced it will be providing other added benefits for its Australian customers as it attempts to make products that are more customer focussed. Some of the changes include cover for:
- Cancelled tours due to lack of numbers.
- Extreme adventure sports including heli and off-piste skiing as an additional extra.
- Motorcycles and mopeds with greater than 200cc engine capacity as an additional extra.
- Travel delay due to an act of terrorism.
- Travel service provider insolvency.
Cover-More also announced it would be providing increased cover on its existing new-for-old luggage benefit.
“We’re continually listening to the feedback from Australian travellers and we know they are looking for ways to personalise their insurance cover so it fits with how they travel," said Cover-More sales and marketing general manager Mike Stein.
The even better news is that Aussies buying one of Cover-More's new policies will be able to earn Virgin Velocity points for every dollar spent.
These policies are available through Flight Centre, helloworld, Magellan, Travellers Choice, independent travel consultancies and brokers.
- Worried about coronavirus? Your travel insurance questions answered
- Excite Holidays has gone into voluntary administration, so check your travel insurance
- Affected by the Philippines Taal Volcano? Travel insurance could help.
- Australian bushfires: How domestic travel insurance can help
- Pelikin Travel Insurance