Australian Military Bank Fixed Rate Home Loan
The Australian Military Bank Fixed Rate Home Loan has rates for owner-occupiers and investors. It's available with a 5% deposit.
Australian Military Bank's Fixed Rate Home Loan offers different fixed rates for owner-occupiers and investors. You can split the loan and make extra repayments.
Richard Whitten is a senior writer at Finder covering home loans and property. He helps everyone understand the ins and outs of mortgages so they can make smarter property decisions. He has written for Yahoo Finance, Money Magazine, Homely, and for multiple banks and lenders. Richard trained as a high school teacher but found it easier to manage personal finances than a classroom full of kids. Before joining Finder, he edited textbooks and taught English in South Korea. Richard has a Bachelor of Education, a Graduate Certificate in Communication and is currently studying a Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking.
This is a flexible fixed rate mortgage with a high LVR, meaning you can get the loan with a low deposit. There is no redraw facility or offset account with this loan.
About this loan
What are the features and benefits of the Australian Military Bank Fixed Rate Home Loan?
- Loan amount. You can borrow up to $0 with this loan.
- Purpose. This product is available for owner-occupiers buying a home and investors, with different rates for each.
- Repayment flexibility. You can repay this loan monthly, weekly or fortnightly and make extra repayments.
- Deposit size. This loan has a loan to value ratio of 95%, meaning you can get it with a 5% deposit. But borrowing above 80% of the property's purchase price means you'll have to pay lenders mortgage insurance.
- Split facility. This product allows you to split your rate into fixed and variable portions.
What fees and charges come with this loan?
The Australian Military Bank Fixed Rate Home Loan has several fees you should factor in when considering this mortgage. Please note that the monthly service fee only applies to investment rates.
- Application fee: $500. This upfront fee covers the cost of processing your application and applies to all borrowers.
- Service fee: $0. This fee is $0 for owner-occupier rates and $8 a month for investors.
- Valuation and legal fees: At cost. These charges vary depending on your situation.
- Discharge fee: $300. You pay the discharge fee when you end the home loan.
- Switching fee: $300. The switching fee only applies if you refinance to another Australian Military Bank mortgage.
How to apply
To apply for this product or to get more information, click the green "Go to site" button and leave your details. Once you do this an Australian Military Bank lending specialist will get in touch and talk you through eligibility requirements and help you with the application.
Home Loan OffersImportant Information*
Up to $3,000 refinance cashback. A flexible and competitive variable rate loan. Eligible borrowers refinancing $250,000 or more can get $2,000 cashback per property plus a bonus $1,000 for their first application. Other conditions apply.
Up to $4,000 refinance cashback. With this competitive variable rate loan from St.George, refinancers borrowing $250,000+ can get up $4,000 cashback and borrow up to 90% of the property's value. (Terms, conditions & exclusions apply).
A competitive variable rate mortgage for owner occupiers $0 application and $0 ongoing fees. This interest rate falls over time as you pay off the loan.