Yard Variable Home Loan
The Variable Home Loan from Yard is a variable rate home loan with some of the market's lowest rates. Here's what you need to know.
Yard is an online Australian lender. Its Variable Home Loan offers homebuyers and investors competitive rates. You can add an offset account for a small fee.
Richard Whitten is an editor at Finder, and has been covering home loans and the property market in Australia for the last 4 years. He has written for Yahoo Finance, Money Magazine and Homely, as well as multiple banks and lenders. Richard has a Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking, a Bachelor of Education from the University of Sydney and a Graduate Certificate in Communication. He enjoys helping people understand the ins and outs of mortgages so they can make smarter property decisions. Richard trained as a high school teacher but found it easier to manage personal finances than a classroom full of kids. Before joining Finder, he edited textbooks and taught English in South Korea.
The Yard Variable Home Loan has rates for investors and owner-occupiers, including an interest-only investment rate.
You can add a 100% offset account to this loan for a small fee.
About this loan
What are the features and benefits of the Yard Variable Home Loan?
- Loan amount. The Yard Variable Home Loan has a minimum loan amount of $150,000 and a maximum loan amount of $1,500,000
- Loan-to-value ratio (minimum deposit). This product's maximum insured loan-to-value ratio is 90%, meaning you can get it with a 10% deposit. But most rates require a 20% deposit.
- Extra repayments. You can make extra repayments with this loan. It also has a redraw facility, allowing you to withdraw your extra repayments.
- Flexibility. This loan is portable, meaning you can transfer it to a new property if upgrading. It also has a split facility, allowing you to divide the loan into fixed and variable portions.
What fees and charges come with this loan?
This loan has several fees you should be aware of:
- Settlement fee: $150. This one-off fee covers the cost of loan settlement.
- Offset fee (optional): If you choose to add an offset account to this loan there is a $120 annual fee.
- Valuation fee: $253. This fee covers the lender's cost to have your property valued prior to settlement.
- Discharge fee: $500. You pay this fee when exiting the loan.
- Legal fee: $380. This fee covers the lender's conveyancing costs.
How to apply
If you are interested in the Yard Variable Home Loan or want more information, just click the green button and leave your details. A lending specialist from Yard will get in touch with you and help you take the next step.