The Suncorp Bank Everyday Essentials Account is the banking product for you if you hold a concession card or you’re on a low income. There’s no monthly charge for this account and Suncorp Bank give you a Visa Debit Card so you can buy items at shops and withdraw cash from ATMs.
What are the features of the Suncorp Bank Everyday Essentials Account?
- Minimum balance. There’s no minimum balance requirement to open this account.
- Visa Debit Card. A Visa Debit Card is issued with this account. Use this debit card wherever Visa is accepted in Australia and overseas. Make withdrawals at ATMs and make purchases over the counter and online. Make free withdrawals at over 1,700 Suncorp Bank and Bendigo Bank ATMs Australia wide.
- payWave purchases. Make contactless payments for purchases under $100 using the Everyday Essentials Account Debit Card.
- Visa checkout. Register for Visa Checkout to simplify online payments. This secure service from Visa saves you time. Create a password when you register for Visa Checkout, use this key to make online payments instead of entering your card and personal details.
- Using the Visa Debit Card overseas. Make purchases over the internet to buy items from another country or use the card to shop when you’re on holiday. Foreign currency purchases using the Suncorp Bank Everyday Essentials Visa Debit Card incur a currency conversion fee of 3.00%.
- Internet banking. Register for Suncorp Bank internet banking so you can make electronic payments to other accounts, pay bills and view statements. Online transactions are free of charge.
- Telephone banking. Review your transaction history, make and schedule payments over the phone and more using the Suncorp Bank telephone banking facility.
- Mobile banking. Get online banking features on your smartphone or tablet when you download the Suncorp Bank mobile banking application.
- BPAY. Pay your bills electronically by making BPAY payments from the Everyday Essentials Account.
- Branch access. Make withdrawals and deposits to this account for free at Suncorp Bank branches.
- Direct debits. Gym memberships, telephone, internet bills, insurance premiums and more can be paid automatically from this account when you set up a direct debit with your service providers.
- Direct credits. Get your employer to deposit your pay directly into the Suncorp Bank Everyday Essentials Account. Centrelink payments can also be paid directly to this account.
- Bank@Post. If you can’t get a Suncorp Bank branch you can do your banking at an Australia Post retail outlet. Use Bank@Post to make deposits and withdrawals to and from the Suncorp Bank Everyday Essentials Account. A fee applies for certain Bank@Post transactions.
- No account keeping fees
- No overdrawn fees
- Free access to Suncorp and Bendigo Bank ATMs.
- Eligibility criteria applies
How do I apply for the Suncorp Bank Everyday Essentials Account?
Visit a Suncorp Bank branch to apply for the Everyday Essentials Account. You can not apply for this account online.
Meet the following eligibility criteria to apply for this account.
- Age. You must be 12 years of age or older to apply for this account.
You’ll need to verify your identity with Suncorp Bank if the Everyday Essentials Account is your first Suncorp Bank product
- Personal information. Provide your full name, date of birth, residential address, mobile or landline number and email address to Suncorp Bank when you apply for the Everyday Essentials Account.
- Identity. Accepted forms of identification include your passport, driver’s licence, state or territory proof of age card or your Centrelink concession card.
Once Suncorp Bank have approved your application for the Everyday Essentials Account you can register for internet and telephone banking and arrange any direct credit and debit facilities. You will receive your Visa Debit Card in the mail within two weeks.