Half transaction account and half high interest savings account, the Retirement Access Plus is St.George’s all in one retirement banking product. Get rewarded with a competitive tiered approach to interest and no monthly fees. Balances over $250,000 accrue interest at 1.05%.
What are the features of the St.George Bank Retirement Access Plus Account?
Competitive interest rates
Unlike other savings accounts, there is no condition you need to meet to earn interest. You don’t need to make a certain number of deposits each month and you still earn interest if you make withdrawals. Interest on this account is tiered. Balances over $250,000 accrue interest at 1.05% . Interest is calculated daily and paid into the account monthly.
Enjoy unlimited access to your money
The Retirement Access Plus Account is a savings account with debit card access. You can make an unlimited number of everyday banking transactions including staff-assisted transactions and EFTPOS transactions within Australia for free. There is no minimum balance requirement for this.
No account fees
The St.George Retirement Access Plus Account does not charge an application fee or any ongoing monthly account fees.
Unlimited Internet banking
Internet banking lets you view your account balance, make payments to other accounts, pay bills via BPAY and review electronic statements. The online application for the St.George Retirement Access Plus Account includes a step to register for Internet banking.
Access free ATM withdrawals
Pay no withdrawal fees when using any St.George. Ban of Melbourne, Bank SA or Westpac branded ATM in Australia. However, you may be charged a fee if you use another third party ATM.
You can apply for this account if you’re over 55 and you’re retired. You can also apply for this account if you’re claiming an aged pension, carers pension, disability pension, widow pension or veterans affairs pension. You will need to show a pension card at a St.George branch if you want to apply for this account and you’re under 55.
- $0 monthly service fee
- Enjoy unlimited transactions
- Linked Visa debit card
- Designed for people at least 55 years of age
How do I apply for the St.George Bank Retirement Access Plus Account?
Before you apply check your eligibility for the Retirement Access Plus Account below.
Eligibility to apply online
- Eligibility. You must be over the age of 55 and retired or receiving a pension such as the aged pension, carers, disability, widow and veterans affairs pensions.
Documentation to apply online
The application can be completed in under 10 minutes. You’ll be asked to provide some information about yourself such as:
- Identification. Enter your basic contact information such as your name, age, address, mobile number and email. If this is your first St.George Bank account, you will need to verify your identity before the account is fully active. You can complete this step online. Provide one primary form of photographic identification such as your driver’s licence or passport, or one primary non-photographic document and a secondary form of identification such as your Centrelink card and medicare card.
- Tax File Number (TFN). You need to provide your TFN to St.George so they can tax your earnings at the correct rate. You don’t have to give your TFN when you apply for the account; however, you will be taxed at the marginal rate if you don’t submit your TFN to the bank.
What happens after I submit the online application?
After you’ve submitted the application, you’ll get an email from the bank about the next steps. You may need to visit a St.George branch to verify your identity in person. Once St.George have verified your identity, you should be able to start making deposits and log into internet banking right away. Your debit card will arrive in the mail within 10 to 14 days.