The RaboDirect Premium Saver Joint Account rewards you when your end of month balance $200 higher than your balance at the start of the month. It’s an account that makes it seriously worthwhile to stick to your savings goals. Set up an automatic savings plan when you open the Premium Saver, and the minimum amount required to get the bonus interest will be automatically deducted from your account when you get paid.
What are the features of the Rabodirect Premium Saver Joint Account?
For balances up to $250,000, the Rabodirect Premium Saver rewards you with bonus interest when you finish with more money at the end of the month compared to what you started with. There are no establishment or account keep fees too. This is a fee free account to open and hold.
- Bonus Interest. Get 1.65% back on your savings when you increase your account balance by at least $200 every month. You need to ensure that you have at least $200 more in the account at the end of the month than there was at the beginning of the month. If you fail to get the bonus interest, your savings balance will accrue at the base rate of interest: 0.90%
- Fee free account. The RaboDirect Premium Saver Joint Account costs nothing to open and there are no ongoing fees. You get to pocket the gains from this interest bearing account rather than giving it back in the form of account fees.
- Multiple account holders. Open the RaboDirect Premium Saver in two names, the names on the Premium Saver account must match the names of the joint transaction account holders.
- Linked account. Linking your transaction account to the RaboDirect Premium Saver gives you the ability to grow your savings balance through an automatic savings plan or by making regular deposits and withdrawals when you need to. Unlike other savings account providers, RaboDirect let you link the Premium Saver Joint Account to any transaction account. A small deposit from the linked account is all that’s needed to complete the application.
- Automatic savings plan. An automatic savings plan is basically a direct deposit of $200 or more from your linked transaction account to your RaboDirect Premium Saver. If you’re saving for a goal, you can arrange it so they money is in your Premium Saver before you even realise. You’ll get the bonus interest every month with an Automatic Savings Plan.
- Fees and charges. This is a fee free savings account. There are no establishment fees or ongoing fees.
- $0 opening balance.
- No fees to pay.
- With online banking facilities.
- Should meet the monthly balance increase of $200.
- Lower interest rate if the increase is not reached per month.
How to apply for the RaboDirect Premium Saver Joint Account?
To open a RaboDirect Premium Saver Joint Account, click the links on this page. You’ll be directed to the RaboDirect website and the first page of the online application.
As well as including your basic personal and employment information, like contact details and the industry you work in, you’ll also need to have the BSB and account number of your linked account.
Meet the following conditions if you want to apply for the RaboDirect Premium Saver:
- Be over the age of 16.
- Be an Australian resident for tax purposes, and have an Australian residential address
- You already have a transaction account in your names with a different bank or financial institution.
Making a deposit to complete the application
You need to deposit funds from your transaction account to the RaboDirect Premium Saver to verify that the accounts are linked.
You can transfer the funds yourself, set up on automatic debit from your transaction account or set up an automatic savings plan with the linked account.
You also have the option of opening a RaboDirect term deposit when you apply for this account.
The RaboDirect Premium Saver Joint Account rewards you when you save but doesn’t penalise you when you make a withdrawal either. Read our review, compare accounts and apply for the RaboDirect Premium Saver Joint Account.