The Liberty Financial Star (Variable) Home Loan comes with a competitive variable rate and a range of useful features including a redraw facility and the ability to make extra repayments.
With a variable rate from 3.34% p.a. and no application fees, the Liberty Financial Star Home Loan is a fully featured home loan that comes with a 100% offset account, unlimited splits and a free redraw facility.
|Product Name||Liberty Financial Star Home Loan|
|Interest Rate Type||Variable|
|Comp Rate^ (p.a.)|
|Minimum Loan Amount||$50,000|
|Maximum Loan Amount||$3,000,000|
|Minimum Loan Term||10 years|
|Maximum Loan Term||30 years|
|Mortgage Offset Account||Yes|
|Mortgage 100% Offset||Yes|
|Loan Redraw Facility||Yes|
|Split Loan Facility||Yes|
|Fixed Interest Option||Yes|
|Suitable for Investment||Yes|
|Available as equity loan/line of credit||No|
|Repayment Type||Principal & Interest and Interest Only Options|
|Lender's Legal Fee||$0|
|Ongoing Fees||$295 p.a.|
- $0 application fee.
- $0 settlement fee.
- Redraw extra repayments made for $0.
- Fixed rate options as well as split options.
- Annual service fee of $295.
- $395 discharge fee when you close your home loan.
Who is Liberty Financial?
Liberty Financial is a non-bank lender funded by some of the world's largest financial institutions, such as Deutsche Bank, Credit Suisse and National Australia Bank. Liberty has been helping Australian borrowers since 1997, now serving more than 140,000 customers and managing assets of $12 billion.
What to consider about the Liberty Financial Star (Variable) Home Loan
The Liberty Financial Star (Variable) Home Loan is a full documentation loan with a maximum loan-to-value (LVR) ratio of .
With a fixed rate option available, this loan allows you to make principal and interest or interest-only repayments.
This loan is suited for both owner-occupiers and investors.
Features of the Liberty Financial Star (Variable) Home Loan
- Maximum loan amount. With the Liberty Financial Star (Variable) Home Loan, you can borrow between $50,000 to $3,000,000.
- Maximum LVR. You can borrow up to loan-to-value (LVR) ratio with this loan however the interest rate changes based on the LVR and if you are not able to pay at least a 20% deposit you will have to lenders mortgage insurance (LMI).
- Extra repayments. This loan comes with the ability to make additional repayments which means you can repay your loan sooner.
- Redraw facility. A free redraw facility is available with this product which means you can access any additional repayments you’ve made towards the loan as you need them.
- Offset account. A 100% offset account is available with this loan which allows you to minimise the interest payable over the lifetime of the loan.
- Split loan facility. With the Liberty Financial Star (Variable) Home Loan, you can make unlimited splits to take advantage of the flexibility of a variable rate and the certainty of a fixed rate.
- Repayment options. Choose between principal and interest or interest-only repayments and a weekly, fortnightly or monthly repayment schedule to suit your income stream.
Fees of the Liberty Financial Star (Variable) Home Loan
Fees you can avoid
- Application fee: $0. With no application fee to worry about, you can focus on meeting your periodic repayments.
- Settlement fee: $0. With this loan, you won’t be charged a settlement fee.
- Redraw fee: $0. You can use the redraw facility without incurring a penalty.
Fees you can’t avoid
- Ongoing fee: $295. An annual service fee applies with this loan.
- Discharge fee: $395. You will need to pay a discharge fee to cover the administrative costs of discharging your loan.
How to apply for the Liberty Financial Star (Variable) Home Loan
If you’d like to apply for the Liberty Financial Star (Variable) Home loan, click on the ‘enquire now’ button to be redirected to the website where you can complete the application online.
You’ll need to supply documentation to support your application, such as:
- Personal details (e.g. ID documents, date of birth, residential address)
- Property details (e.g. property type and estimated value)
- Asset details (e.g. any other properties or assets that you own)
Liberty Financial offer an online indicative pre-approval which estimates the amount you can borrow, regardless of your employment status or credit history.
The Liberty Financial Star (Variable) Home Loan is a full documentation loan with useful features including a 100% offset account and the ability to split your loan. Before you apply, compare a range of home loans available on the market to ensure that this will be the best fit for your borrowing needs.