Liberty Financial Star Home Loan Review
The Liberty Financial Star (Variable) Home Loan comes with a competitive variable rate and a range of useful features including a redraw facility and the ability to make extra repayments.
With a variable rate from 4.44% p.a. and no application fees, the Liberty Financial Star Home Loan is a fully featured home loan that comes with a 100% offset account, unlimited splits and a free redraw facility.
Richard Whitten is a money editor at Finder, and has been covering home loans, property and personal finance for 6+ years. He has written for Yahoo Finance, Money Magazine and Homely; and has appeared on various radio shows nationwide. He holds a Certificate IV in mortgage broking and finance (RG 206) and a Tier 1 Generic Knowledge certification (RG 146).
With a fixed rate option available, this loan allows you to make principal and interest or interest-only repayments.
About this loan
What are the features and benefits of the Liberty Financial Star (Variable) Home Loan?
- Maximum loan amount. With the Liberty Financial Star (Variable) Home Loan, you can borrow between $50,000 to $3,000,000.
- Maximum LVR. You can borrow up to 0% loan-to-value (LVR) ratio with this loan however the interest rate changes based on the LVR and if you are not able to pay at least a 20% deposit you will have to lenders mortgage insurance (LMI).
- Extra repayments. This loan comes with the ability to make additional repayments which means you can repay your loan sooner.
- Redraw facility. A free redraw facility is available with this product which means you can access any additional repayments you've made towards the loan as you need them.
- Offset account. A 100% offset account is available with this loan which allows you to minimise the interest payable over the lifetime of the loan.
- Split loan facility. With the Liberty Financial Star (Variable) Home Loan, you can make unlimited splits to take advantage of the flexibility of a variable rate and the certainty of a fixed rate.
- Repayment options. Choose between principal and interest or interest-only repayments and a weekly, fortnightly or monthly repayment schedule to suit your income stream.
What fees and charges come with this loan?
- Application fee: $0. With no application fee to worry about, you can focus on meeting your periodic repayments.
- Settlement fee: $0. With this loan, you won't be charged a settlement fee.
- Redraw fee: $0. You can use the redraw facility without incurring a penalty.
- Ongoing fee: $295. An annual service fee applies with this loan.
- Discharge fee: $395. You will need to pay a discharge fee to cover the administrative costs of discharging your loan.
How to apply
If you'd like to apply for the Liberty Financial Star (Variable) Home loan, click on the 'enquire now' button to be redirected to the website where you can complete the application online.
You'll need to supply documentation to support your application, such as:
- Personal details (e.g. ID documents, date of birth, residential address)
- Property details (e.g. property type and estimated value)
- Asset details (e.g. any other properties or assets that you own)
Liberty Financial offer an online indicative pre-approval which estimates the amount you can borrow, regardless of your employment status or credit history.
The Liberty Financial Star (Variable) Home Loan is a full documentation loan with useful features including a 100% offset account and the ability to split your loan. Before you apply, compare a range of home loans available on the market to ensure that this will be the best fit for your borrowing needs.