HSBC Premier Fixed Rate Home Loan Review
Protect yourself against rising interest rates and enjoy a range of competitive features with a HSBC Premier Fixed Rate Home Loan.
If you’re looking for a fixed rate home loan to buy a property or refinance, the HSBC Premier Fixed Rate Home Loan is worth considering. It combines a competitive rate with a loan split option, the ability to make up to $10,000 of additional repayments per year without incurring a penalty, and no ongoing account-keeping fees.
Jodie Humphries was a social media manager, producer and writer at Finder.
The HSBC Premier Fixed Rate Home Loan is available to both owner-occupier home buyers and property investors. You can lock in a competitive fixed interest rate on the loan for a period of one, two, three, four or five years, providing financial protection against future interest rate rises. Premier customers receive a 0.1% p.a. discount off HSBC’s standard fixed rate on Fixed Rate Loans where the interest rate is locked in for three, four or five years.
About this loan
What are the features and benefits of the HSBC Premier Fixed Rate Home Loan?
- Maximum loan-to-value ratio (LVR). The maximum LVR for owner-occupiers and investors is 90%. However, if you borrow more than 80% LVR you will need to budget for the additional expense of lender's mortgage insurance (LMI).
- Competitive fixed rate. The HSBC Premier Fixed Rate Home Loan offers the security and peace of mind of a fixed interest rate, allowing you to plan your budget to manage consistent repayment amounts.
- Additional repayments. HSBC offers the flexibility of making up to $10,000 of extra repayments towards your loan each year without incurring any extra charges.
- Loan split option. If you'd like to also take advantage of a variable interest rate and some of the features offered by other HSBC home loans, a loan split option is available.
- Repayment frequency. The HSBC Premier Fixed Rate Home Loan allows repayments on a weekly, fortnightly or monthly basis, whichever is more suitable for your financial situation.
- Interest rate discount. HSBC Premier customers can take advantage of a 0.1% p.a. discount off HSBC's standard fixed rate on when they lock their rate in for three, four or five years.
What fees and charges come with this loan?
- Establishment fee: $300. This fee is to cover the cost of preparing your loan documents and is discounted by 50% from HSBC's standard establishment fees for the HSBC Premier Fixed Rate Home Loan.
- Loan settlement fee. $150. This fee covers the administrative costs associated with the settlement of your loan. This fee does not apply to the 3 year fixed rate owner occupier only offer.
- Loan splitting fee: $100. You'll need to pay this fee if you want to split your loan into two or more portions.
- Discharge administration fee: $300. This fee is charged per security.
How to apply
If the HSBC Premier Fixed Rate Home Loan sounds like the right loan for you, review the eligibility criteria above and then click the button at the top right-hand side of this page. This will allow you to contact HSBC directly or reach out to a mortgage broker to discuss your lending needs.
To apply for this loan, you'll need to provide:
- Your personal details. Supply your full name, email address and phone number, plus specify your preferred method of contact.
- HSBC customer details. You will need to specify whether or not you are already an HSBC customer.
- Loan details. Select the home loan you would like to find out more information about.
- Further information. In the additional information section, provide any extra details about your inquiry, for example the amount of money you want to borrow and the purpose of the loan.
If you want the security of a fixed interest rate, the HSBC Premier Fixed Rate Home Loan has plenty of useful features. Before you decide whether or not it's the right loan for you, see how those features stack up against other fixed rate home loans available on the market.
Home Loan OffersImportant Information*
Up to $3,000 refinance cashback. A flexible and competitive variable rate loan. Eligible borrowers refinancing $250,000 or more can get $2,000 cashback per property plus a bonus $1,000 for their first application. Other conditions apply.
Up to $4,000 refinance cashback With this competitive variable rate loan from St.George, refinancers borrowing $250,000+ can get up to $4,000 cashback and borrow up to 80% of the property's value (terms, conditions & exclusions apply).
A competitive variable rate mortgage for owner occupiers $0 application and $0 ongoing fees. This interest rate falls over time as you pay off the loan.